A handy week off

Binky

Ok, posted this in breachlan 21 firstly.

Well it turns out that I have a week between jobs and the end of this week coincides with breach 21. If I were to fly up to Aberdeen at some point in the week would it be possible/practical to get back to the airport at some point on the Sunday? I wouldn't be able to stay for the whole of breach but it would be nice to do something other than chill out for the week.

The other alternative would be to come up the week before and try and see some of the folk I spend so much time talking to (This might be better as turning up hung over and shattered for my first day might not start things off too well).

Kadeshi

What time Sunday? I'll be leaving too and can take you if it suits. Id prob take you anyway if I wasn't leaving, its only a 20 min to 30 min drive. Otherwise your an hour on the bus and I wouldn't wish that hell on any one. :p

Will

If you decide to come up the week beforehand, I would be well up for dinner one night. Or lunch.
If you come up for Breach, I'll bring Lucius and some rope and we'll have a grand old time.

Deep Blue

The BOFH
Staff member
For this coming BreachLAN (number 22?)

Do it! Can you wangle a loan PC?

Either way it would be great to see you again dude :)

Binky

Cheers guys, especially Kadeshi. Once I get my start date I will firm up the plan.

Thats a good point Dex, I doubt my laptop will be able to play most of the breach games so might try and come up the week before if folks are about. Hotels are only £40 a night so not too bad for a short stay unless someone has a sofa spare.

highfly117

I can bring my laptop if you want Binky so long as my new build is all working this weekend. It runs everything we play at the lan fine you will just have to put up with a 17inch screen

unless someone else has a spare desktop you want to use

Binky

yay the... *remebers what will and binky promised*

Nvm...

Wow, I had totally forgotten about the plan.... I don't know how much I will be able to bring up if I fly, especially if I go the hand luggage only route. I might be able to bring one sachet of lubricant I suppose and latex gloves shouldn't be a problem to bring on a plane.

Right, Easyjet have a flight on Sunday the 23rd at 16:25, that seems about right. Kadeshi, would that tie in with your plans?

Kadeshi

Yeah, that sounds good to me. What time would you want to be at the airport then, is it still an hour before for national flights? I don't do much flying :p :$ If you just tell me a time then we can go.

Deep Blue

The BOFH
Staff member
Yeah, that sounds good to me. What time would you want to be at the airport then, is it still an hour before for national flights? I don't do much flying :p :$ If you just tell me a time then we can go.

An hour is usually adequate but easyjet seem to want you to be there way before, i'd double check what easyjet want from you!

Skull

Thou Shalt Not Pass
It depends on the origin airport, however any of the London airports I'd say to get there when check in opens (2 hours before) and then chill in the departure lounge with a coffee

grogers126

Sniper
check in times are

• International flights - check in 3 hours prior to flight time
  • short haul European flights - check in 2 hours prior to flight time
  • Domestic flights - check in 90 minutes prior to flight time

Kadeshi

Would 2:10 - 2:15 be ok? I'm not sure as I haven't driven the hall to Dyce route before. google says about 20 to 30 mins.

Binky

Sorry for not posting for a while. I am still waiting to hear from Mott MacDonald about my new start date and my old employer don't want me to go until I really need to and want me to work the week I was planning on taking off between jobs. Once I get confirmation from both companies of what they want me to do, I will confirm what I am doing.

Unfortunately if Mott want me to start on Monday the 24th I cant jeopardize my new job by turning up tired, hung over and unprepared but if it turns out to be the following week then I will be coming. Sorry for messing you around Kadeshi (and everyone else, mainly Adam) but I hope you can understand this job is about as important as it gets.

Also, Adam get your fat ass down to the gym, its been days now!

Top Bottom