Anyone from England planning on going?

Binky

Hey all,

As some of you know, I am planning on driving up from Northampton for the lan if I can get a couple of people to split the costs with. So far Channy has said he would be up for it if his mum lets him go (although I think my sanity will be shot after 8 hours in a car with him) but I would still like one more to split the fuel cost with. If anoyone in the area (Snooty/Hexx spring to mind) is planning on going let me know and we can get this thing organized.

On a side note can I provisionaly reserve the place next to Grogers. I am sure I will learn why no one has taken it yet if I manage to come.

Amesy

I sat next to him at 17 and had no issues. Massive respect Big G!
On a more relevant topic; As much as I'd like to come I really cannot afford it, or take off enough time for it.

Good luck with Channy for 8 hours. Although how he is going to get to yours is another question. If it would take me an hour to get to Northampton I dread to think how long it'll take him when he doesn't drive.

Binky

It only takes and hour on the train and is £6 each way before a rail card if you book in advance. You really should come, between 3 in a lovely fuel efficient car it wouldn’t be that much to get there and I would get some intelligent conversation other than "Derp".

grogers126

Sniper
lol lol lol lol nothing wrong with me dude apart form lots of alcohol lol amesy i will miss your wonderfull desktop images dude

Amesy

Honestly dude, nothing would make me happier than to go to Breach... but I simply can't afford it. It's not just the travel its the food and drink... the endless drink.

Also what car do you have? Hexx and I barely managed to fit our equipment in 1 car. You may struggle to get 3 people's worth in.

Binky

its a 5 door astra, managed to move house in it so cant say I am too worried about fitting 3 ppls stuff in it and importantly I was planning on doing the beer run after dropping off the gear. That will take up room! If you cant afford it no worries. Would have been nice to get a full car load up as its a serious trek and a buffer between me and channy would be nice if he is serious about going.

SocksFoHands

Just do an alcohol free lan Ames. It's what I do when I'm broke, it saves a bomb and it's never affected my enjoyment of the LAN in the slightest.

Dear lord Binky I feel for you man, 8 hours in a car with channy... That is seventh circle of hell stuff right there. XD

Binky

Come on Amesy, all these lovely people want to get you drunk! Also I cant see Channys mum letting him go so I really need someone to split the fuel bill with.

Binky

I'm sad now, my chances of being able to afford to come up are slowly drifting away. Damn Snooty and his dedication to his university course, he is doing the first year all wrong.

Deep Blue

The BOFH
Staff member
I'm sad now, my chances of being able to afford to come up are slowly drifting away. Damn Snooty and his dedication to his university course, he is doing the first year all wrong.

Yup, I studied hard and played harder :)

Binky

I remember the studying but cant remember a lot of the playing, think I did it a wee bit too hard.

Binky

Well folks, as expected the prospect of seeing all you lovely people in person was too much for little Channy and he has had to pull out and continue trolling form the safety of England. As I can’t really justify spending £250+ on a 2 day lan I won’t be coming along in person however I will be there in spirit and will try and make the next one if I can split the fuel costs with someone.

Be strong everyone and try and hold back the tears ;)

Deep Blue

The BOFH
Staff member
Gutted you can't make it dude, but we have got plenty more 72hr LAN's planned for next year making the trip more worthwhile for you southerners :)

Top Bottom