ATI and PHYSX

coob

*looks disapprovingly*
Just wondering if anyone has had experiance with physx running on their CPU rather than their GPU.

AKA anyone with an ATI card without the cracked drivers or a dedicated physx card. What kind of performance hit do you get?

I know that Physx in planetside 2 and borderlands is not hardware limited just software (report in PS2 of the option being grayed out on an ati card in game, but enabling via files works fine, borderlands is apperntly the same). though i havent looked into it in too much depth apperntly enabling it via files in some games default the process to the CPU...

sirflukesalot

SEND IN MORE CONSCRIPTS!
I thought physX was Nvidia exclusive?
Also the planet side one was greyed out as it causes huge Fps drops and so was dropped back as a result

coob

*looks disapprovingly*
physX is as far as i can tell, will run on any gpu, i THINK that the "exclusivity" is just a way to make you buy nvidia. I've read multiple threads and forum posts about running ATI with a Dedicated Nvidia Gpu as physX and also people who have claimed to get PhysX working on an ATI only system in the likes of borderlands 2...

Also hybrids (ATI with Nvidia physX card) are apparently going to phase out shortly, due to an update which will shut down nvidia's drivers if they detect any ATI cards in the system...

EDIT; this is what I was trying to say below. Apperntly it will run, but on the CPU instead creating a performance hit. I just fancyed knowing what other people had found about this :D

"there's hardware physx and software physx, nvidia has hardware acceleration enabled on their gfx cards"

Skull

Thou Shalt Not Pass
NVidia bought out PhysX. There's a reason why only NVidia cards have the GPU accelerated physics.

Top Bottom