B15 Feedback - The Good, The Bad, And the Ugly

gemini

The Crude One
Staff member
MASSIVE thanks to everyone who came to the LAN. It was most awesome and a big thanks to everyone aswell who put their rubbish away. Tidying up afterwards was nice and straightforward thanks to you.

So, let us know what you thought about B15. What you liked, what you didn't and what was just nasty. I'l get started.

Good

72 Hr LAN - It made a huge difference. It was MUCH better and we will definately be doing it again.
Amazing Chinese order of win. This is a new tradition.
Speaker placement - I think we nailed it this time.
Top Gear - Highly amusing to watch on the projector.
Crucial for providing some top loot and being amazing.
Sion for pulling our ass out the fire and somehow making almost everything work.
Having a full vs match of L4D with no ragequits and only one crash right at the end.
New Blood - Hope to see you guys come back for another event :D

Bad

Knottyboy failing to remember the plugs for his air mattress, resulting in me donating mine to his cause and sleeping on the floor. (You fail)
Not very many people taking up the "go for a shower" advice. For future referance, the showers in the sports center next door cost £1.40 to use and allows you to feel alive and fresh every single morning.
DiRT2 failing horribly.
Still the connection to steam can be unstable, resulting in L4D connection difficulties and Killing Floor lack of perks. I don't know what else we can do about this.

Ugly

The state of the kitchen at the end. Scott and Harry had to spend ages doing dishes to clean up the mess left in the kitchen. Not cool.
Asstiana

BLACKALiCE

The 72 hours format was awesome, Top Gear was 10x better with good friends, and an awesome atmosphere. Speakers could not be faulted, having a shower is a good idea, instagib was really good, but we should not play trackmania next time. It was awesome to have new people at the LAN, I've made new friends and every thing!

Also, needs more dex.

Castiana

Soon™
Good

Sion for pulling our ass out the fire and somehow making almost everything work.

It's what I do ^^

Ugly
Asstiana

Harsh but fair.

I think the event ran quite well, nothing to add to you post gemini, I think you summed it up nicely.

On another note:

Can you all please email me the pictures you took at the event. You can mail them to any of my email addresses that are in my signature.

Cheers ^^

Dada

Great lan, Shame about all the Trab la Dites feeling ill "Me Especially" Thanks to Black alice and Co for trying to Fix my BUSTED Ati 5870 Hardware fail me thinks ! Casti, Gemmini and Scottish Fox for being very helpfull and putting an old codger like me straight your never too old to learn !!!! at least 5 of us will show ( Guaranteed ) whole event possibly a couple more Trab will pm Gemmini with details. I intend to make good on my promises and put a donations Tab on your site "ASAP" We intend to Contribute towards the next lan !! Thanks again to all involved. LETS GET THINGS ROLLIN......:cool:

Dac

I had a great time :D thanks.

Good

Meeting nice new folks.
Helpful and friendly staff, eg. Castiana's self sacrifice to put an end to Risk.
Watching Top Gear...on a projector!
Getting prawned in every game apart from CS:S ^^
Crucial's kindly donated mousepads - been needing one for a while, kthx.
Hedgewars was great, no matter how much i suck at it.
L4D was fun, first time playing versus mode - must practise...a lot.

Bad

Went home for shower, didn't realise until afterwards there were showers next door - i'll go next time :p
I was discussing fonts with Alice for about 20 minutes.
I missed the F1 :'(

Ugly

I forgot my toothbrush...

I'll be back :D thanks for the friendly inclusion into the Breach brood.

Top Bottom