Breach21 needs YOU

gemini

The Crude One
Staff member
Or rather, I need you.

Unfortunately, my friend who was due to loan me two of the stage machines for BreachLAN21 is no longer able to help.

If you have a spare computer, that you wouldn't mind donating to the stage for Breach21 then please let me know ASAP.

It doesnt have to be all singing all dancing. But it HAS to be able to run at least CSS and UT2k4. If it can cope with Dirt3 then that would be exceptional.

I don't need monitors I'm fine for those. But I desperately need two computers, one for the stage competitions, another for the TV and main display.

Please reply to me in PM or in the thread if you are able to help. There is a reward in it for anyone able to help out.

ZeroG

If it's any use I can take my laptop along for you to use. You know the general spec of it so it should be able to cope fine with those games.

gemini

The Crude One
Staff member
Excellent Mark thank you.

That should do the trick for sure for one machine.

I'l PM you to sort out your thank you present.

That's one down. is anyone else able to provide the second in exchange for some liquid refreshment?

Bloodnok

I do have my old gaming pc that could be used however, it doesn't have a pci-e gfx card in it

The Grand Piano

Cpu: Q9650

Ram: 4GB DRR3 Dual channel

Mobo: Asus Striker II Exterme

PSU: 850Watt

Or I got my Server but need to see what it can do game wise:

Dell Dimension E520

CPU: Q6600

RAM: 6GB DRR2

GFX: Ati x1300 (can only take single sloted gfx cards....)

PSU: 300watt

I'll post asap if I can get either pc sorted.

Just shout if you need a montior, keyboard, mouse etc aswell.

Skull

Thou Shalt Not Pass
I have my old XFX8800GT lying around here, I could bring that up for "The Grand Piano" 's use at the LAN if needed (it's not gone back into my PC yet as I don't have a PSU big enough for two cards XD

See Knotty's post below

Bloodnok

Oh ta, sorry for late reply (blasted summer cold), just need to sort out when I can pick it up.

gemini

The Crude One
Staff member
Thanks for the replies guys.

Dave I think I'l take you up too on your offer of the Grand Piano.

Given that it needs some work done to it, would you be ok if I popped round to collect it. I can take it back to mine, fit the GFX and install all the games and just give it back to you after LAN is over.

Does that sound fair?

Bloodnok

Yes it does Greg, however as I was testing the "Grand Piano" (came across a nvidia 7600 card) and found that 2 sticks of ram have failed. Oh the joys...

The mobo uses ddr 3 dual channel ram which I don't have spare...

What I could do is swap the mobo for one that uses ddr 2 but have no idea if it works...

Not sure what to do....

NVM

After Seems to be working, sodding PC!

Bloodnok

After what feels like a life time, The Grand Piano is operational! (and clean...)

I'll just take it to the LAN and put in the 260 there, is that ok?

Another thing, do you need me to take 2nd monitor aswell?

gemini

The Crude One
Staff member
If you can download and install all the games in advance then that should be fine. If you're missing Broodwar then dont worry about it I'l be taking care of that.

Top Bottom