BreachLAN 1 : 17th-19th Feb 2006

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

breach

Well, its out first LAN party, and we need to get as much people as the hall can take.
more people = better LAN
Tell your mates and get them to come along, gets out of the house for the weekend and sit in a darkened hall with a load of other people instead ! :)
Any questions regarding the LAN? post here and they will be answered promptly.

B

breach

only joking, arent any comps planned yet, more likely gonna be on the day type thing, seeing how many peoples interested, etc. depends on how many sign ups we get too, so get loads of folk :D

PseudoPhreak

Captain Hammer!!
capaity is 50, but we need 30 before we can actually go ahead. The number of tables i dont think is a problem, there will be enough. :)

Olap

so, what we gonig to have at this lan? tournaments? mass games of? high score in some retro game? proball!

pizza and beer for certain.

PseudoPhreak

Captain Hammer!!
proball sucks cos u guys know the cheat :(
can see mass games of battlefield and UT2k4
No tournaments set yet, will see when we get more numbers

B

Braingaming

About the event...

Just saw ur site. We are planning on having our 2nd event at slaines castle same weekend! (This event wont be 48hrs tho)

So instead of runnin both events we could postpone one and get more members to each event. What do you reckon? We'd also be happy to promote ur events in future on our site.

Our website is www.braingaming.com

Cheers!

:)

PseudoPhreak

Captain Hammer!!
hey, i think thats a great idea but, unfortunately its not my decision, you would need to speak to F_sake about it, if you pop into out irc channel, he should hopefully be there and may be able to sort something out
I'm all for promoting other LANs in and around aberdeen.
I can answer most of your questions for you but regarding the changing plans its not up to me.
i hope something can be arranged cos i dont want either lan to suffer.

clay

aye hope u guys can sort something out, its good we have the interest in teh events and should space em out so we can all go to both :)

Sakey

My honest oppinion....

The more LANS the better.

The honest reason for that weekend......It's my birthday.

If I had known that you had a LAN running that weekend I would have arranged a different date but the hall is booked. and even if I re-arranged it I would only be able to do the next week......

If you get in contact with me either on IRC or email me at breachlan (at) blueyonder dot co dot uk I will happily discuss this with you.

Even if we do have to overlap this time, we can make sure it doesn't happen again :)

B

Braingaming

No worries!

We havn't actually paid just yet so we can postpone it.

So then when would be good for the slaines event?

:D

JaseyBoi

Lans like buses wait for 1 for 2 to come along.

Breachlan needs a new website i reckon to stay in the game against other competitors ...

So whats happening posponing one for tuther or are both lans going ahead as scheduled....

Jase needs beer at lans Btw

one thing i dont play bf2 or even own it for that matter .... and UT2004 competions fall on there arse from experience of lans i have attended

Nfsu
NfsMw
Cs
Css
Cod

are but some lan games i have played and i have installed so hopfully these games may have a look in..

Not being funny towards Aberdeen-lanParty here as they are the original lan events i like but there is never any comp schedules or even pre plans of what games we will play and it alwasy just ends up as a free for all (what ever game u have generaly gets played... (and ZeroG complains about it being cs)

Sakey

Braingaiming: email me mate and we can discuss staggering the events so that they can both be successful.

JaseyBoi: What LANs have you been to? I have been to both Multiplay I-Series and ScotLAN events and both BF2 and UT2k4 were well supported.

Also I am not suggesting Tournys for UT or BF but big organised games (15 v 15 and the like)

No Tournys have been decided yet though a small CS tourny is on the cards. All depends on how many people we can get to play it.

NFS games are pretty much out of the question as we have had major problems getting them to run over the LAN before (This was admitedly with NFSU1).

COD, there will probaly be a game of, though it will be COD and not COD2.

Any other suggestions are fine but I can't guarentee we will def do them all.

JaseyBoi

NFS games are pretty much out of the question as we have had major problems getting them to run over the LAN before (This was admitedly with NFSU1).

Aye but when us lads come to a lan party and fancy a game we dont allow the game to fail to work mate.. we have half of aberdeens IT department in our posse LOL (well maybe not half of them but defo the very best) ill mention no names as one of the lads cowpah will get a big heed (oops ive said to much)

I aint been to half as many lans as you mate thats for sure as ive only ever been to aberdeens lan party lans...and a brief visit to aberdeenlan cafe... But this isnt to say i dont attent regular lans just these are usually house lans....

Its probably cos im so shit at both UT and Bf i say they suck :wink: as i do kno a couple of lads who would defo play em ...its just i wouldnt come to a lan that was +4 hours of UT especially as there wasnt a bar....

Anywho ill stfu now lol and hopfully see ya all at the lan (which ever one we all decide we are going to) Clays already on the war path desperatly needing to know what one it is...

PseudoPhreak

Captain Hammer!!
Breachlan needs a new website i reckon to stay in the game against other competitors
whats wrong with the site, i know its basic but it was only knocked up in a couple days in between me studying for exams, i thought a basic site to inform people was better than nothing.
input is much appreciated

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom