Breachlan 13 - Feedback

Status
Not open for further replies.

gemini

The Crude One
Staff member
Ok, let us have it.

Tell us what worked. What didnt work.

What you liked, and what you didnt like.

What we did well, and what you would like to see improved.

If you would prefer to give your feedback in private then please feel free to PM any of the staff with anything you would like to say. Any feedback you give privately will be treated with the strictest confidentiality. We wont even share your name with the other staff if you dont wan't us to.

We will definately be working on finding out why L4D(1/2) wernt working propperly and hopefully implimenting a solution.

Other than that, please do let us know anything you think was good or anything you think we could do better.

Thanks a lot.

Bloodnok

It got abused last lan, thats why it was not accessable but something that was locked may have disabled a part of steam that it needed, like the fact that there was an update for tf2 and dod:s on the friday and made them unplayable (good old valve doing that trick again...)

SocksFoHands

Needs internet

Yeah even if every person there had chipped in another £2 each we could have more than paid for the internet usage we had at breach 12. I'm pretty sure we would have had a lot less steam problems if we had had proper internet access.

Not to mention it would have been nice to have had MSN.

Also I missed the shop we had at breach 12. Yes I know it only broke even last time but this time we had a lot more people. Not to mention that I actually limited the red bull and snacks I bought before hand because I expected to be able to buy them there. Seeing how some items sold out last time if you were a bit more careful regarding what you stocked and at what levels I think it could easily have turned a profit.

Other than that the only fault I would pick up on was too much COD 4, we could have spent a bit of time playing DoW or Serious Sam, even our L4D time was very limited (yes I know why). It just felt like we were lacking in variety a bit compared to breach 12. We mostly played COD 4, Track mania and UT2K4 the whole time.

It sounds like I'm having a moan here but I'm not. A couple of flies in the ointment didn't stop it being an awesome LAN. :)

gemini

The Crude One
Staff member
Point noted about the internets. I'll make sure its brought up while we are sorting out arrangements for next lan to see about providing a better service.

About the variety, it really was about the same as most Breachlans. The unfortunate loss of L4D availability I think was a real kick in for Saturday night and having it work for future lans is something im going to take a personal intrest in.

Seriously guys, let us know what you thought. Be as honest as you want.

MadmaN

bring back the food and energy drinks!!!!! i also was hoping to buy some stuff from the lan.

Edit: i have my three 3G Broadband modem if its needed.. £25 for 7GB of data.. just block youtube and other video websites lol

SocksFoHands

Point noted about the internets. I'll make sure its brought up while we are sorting out arrangements for next lan to see about providing a better service.

About the variety, it really was about the same as most Breachlans. The unfortunate loss of L4D availability I think was a real kick in for Saturday night and having it work for future lans is something im going to take a personal intrest in.

Seriously guys, let us know what you thought. Be as honest as you want.

I think it felt that way because COD4 and UT2K4 became the main fixtures of all three days. Admittedly moreso to me because I didn't play track mania to break it up. If we had set aside Friday night or Sunday morning to play something completely different it would have felt better though.

Me and swift were a bit disappointed the DoW game never got off the ground it would have been a welcome break from the FPS's.

Though really like you said it was the L4D2 tourneys failure that was the worst problem, these things happen without anyone being at fault.

EDIT: Madman I would be happy to pay you for internet usage next time. Seven GB should be fine even with unrestricted access I don't think we used 3 GB at breach 12.

Amesy

What worked for me:
1) The variety of games. We could have played anything, there was nothing stopping any one of us playing our own games at our own time. No one forced us to play CoD4 or UT2K4 or Trackmania at any time, it just so happened that when a few people started to play, other people joined. It was not something setup by the staff. I really enjoyed the freedom to do what I wanted, when I wanted to do it.
2) The venue. It was spacious and well laid-out. There was enough room on the desks so as not to be elbow to elbow with the person next to you. The chairs were surprisingly comfortable too.
3) Helpfulness of the staff. I frequently saw the staff stopping mid-game to help people out. I understand how frustrating that might get, but you all showed patience of the gods and that really helped the relaxed atmosphere.

What Didn't work for me:
1) The volume of the music. I actually quite enjoyed the music being played constantly and it made for a great atmosphere (I even liked the type of music which I didn't think I would), but a lot of the time (although certainly not all the time) the music was just too loud and I couldn't hear in-game.

Other than that I didn't not enjoy anything else. I had such a good time, I wished i lived closer to Aberdeen so I could come to the next.

Trab

Tell us what worked. What didnt work.

-Everything worked except teh internets (personally i wasn't bothered much) and L4d2 (and that wasn't your fault).

What you liked, and what you didnt like.

-Liked the music, the tournaments, cod and UT were very fun, didnt like the chairs but i can bring my own obviously.

What we did well, and what you would like to see improved.

The food orders were handled well except for sunday morning when scott was sleeping i wanted my sausage softie :p (wasn't that big a deal though hehe).

All in all thought you guys did an amazing *** i had a great time and ill see you at the next 1. Breach 15 is going to be 72 hours? - thats going to be so win.

gemini

The Crude One
Staff member
Methinks the swear filter is a little......harsh.

I'l wake the fox.

Otherwise, this is all great feedback. Keep it coming. Everything you guys say will be taken into consideration in planning for the next event. And we will also be replying to some of the feedback in a few weeks once we have had our meetings and what not.

Madfanta

The LAN was overall good in my opinion considering it was my very first but ive noticed the add for American Soda on the site. why dont you buy in something like jolt, bawls or mountain dew which would sell very quickly i would imagine also It would more likely be a profit than a loss in my opinion
(You can get mountain dew in Dundee now but its a tad expensive)

Look At This Crazy UFO'S in Aberdeen
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GFZOesZkxW0
Hah Hah You think it was the lanterns ???

Cerridwen

The LAN was overall good in my opinion considering it was my very first but ive noticed the add for American Soda on the site. why dont you buy in something like jolt, bawls or mountain dew which would sell very quickly i would imagine also It would more likely be a profit than a loss in my opinion
(You can get mountain dew in Dundee now but its a tad expensive)

Look At This Crazy UFO'S in Aberdeen
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GFZOesZkxW0
Hah Hah You think it was the lanterns ???

Jolt is no longer in Production :(

Madfanta

Jolt is no longer in Production :(
There is jolt on the site

Also loved the soundtrack on the bl13 Air Baloon :)
Let another Lantern off with my friends bounced off an overhead cable and went into someones back garden a couple of doors away decided it was best to go inside from then Lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom