Breachlan 14 Feedback - The Good, Bad and Ugly

gemini

The Crude One
Staff member
Hey.

Thanks again guys for coming to B14 - Now its time to let us know what was good, bad and ugly.

I'l get started.

Good

Epic variety of games - Epic Tron Laughs and RS : Vegas terrorist lols.
General lack of technical faults.
Chinese order on first night - Make this a regular feature ?
ScottishFox's Tablet - Sugar and binding agent is awesome.
More CSS than in the past.
Fixing of L4D faults.
Net connection - Worked fine for me all lan.

Bad

More falldown would have been nice
Smells
Not enough people owning TF2

Ugly

Cracktiana

MadmaN

first of all thanks to all the guys who made breachlan happen! as usuall it was an epic laugh with all the gaming , booze and music :) .... i missed sunday gaming because it took me hours to get a sleep lol...

end result is that the lan owned and hope i can be at the next one :)

SocksFoHands

Good:

Much the same as Greg. We had a lot of game variety the Chinese, pizza and morning rolls were all great. I was happy we had proper net this time so no complaints there either.

The CSS on the first night was great because we had such well balanced teams. We all have a good idea of each others relative skills so in future we should make effort to assign teams with a good mix rather than leaving it up to chance.

I was glad kitchen access was allowed this time after all having no fridge would have been a pain.

Tech support was good as well I should add. Had minor issues at some points but the staff took care of them pretty quickly.

Bad:

I think because of the feedback last time Greg went too quiet with the music this time. Some of the time I wasn't aware anything was playing and a lot of the time it wasn't. It's a pretty minor complaint and I realise finding a happy medium that suits everyone here is probably impossible but that's just something I noticed this time.

I wasn't that fussed about TF2 largely because I was one of the people who don't like the game but it sucked that again there was no RTS. One game a starcraft was it.

Largest complaint of this otherwise excellent LAN was WAAAAAAAAAY too much Castiana crack. Seriously no one will complain about ticket prices if you use some of the profit to buy him a belt or something. I mean damn. No one wants to see that. lol

Madfanta

Good: I had no technical problems with games this time or conncectivity apart from 5 mins at the start which is all good

Bad: We only played the first L4D it would have been nice to play L4D2 and more Falldown because it was EPIC :D

Ugly: Socks face when he had a shot of Jägermeister lol joke and the infamous Cracktiana

Big thanks to all the staff without them this couldnt possibly happen and i hope to be at the next LAN which has an extra day of epic gaming and lols

Bloodnok

The Good

Good choice of games that everyone played (CSS, COD4, UT2K4)

Steam behaving itself (apart from steam cloud during the short tf2 game i.e. no weapon unlocks but what you gonna do...)

Great service from Scottish Fox for doing the breakfast run for both mornings.

Placement of speakers at far end of hall, useful for the xbox

The lack of hardware issues

The Bad

No game of Flatout 2 / Battlefield 2 :(

Sound Quailty from the speakers (I know that gemini had to swap for them due a customer needed the specifc ones he had.)

The Ugly

"Thats no moon, its a space station"

"Canyon of the Crescent Moon"

"Bare Arse Ridge"

I think everyone knows what I'm on about but stop wearing the wrong trousers and get a belt!

Dada

Ohh my poor bones !

Well guys, give yourselves a big pat on the back all was good for me,

The good

made me feel young again !!!!! ( well thats what she said !!! )

toilets not too far away.... a consideration at my time of life

plenty of room... esp for gas explosions... phew

music excellent !! I didn't know the beatles had soo many Hits ( thats who Trab said it was :eek: )

World Domination !!!!!!

The bad

getting my bottom kicked.....:(

not having all the games.... Silly me...

not getting enuf sleep..... oooh im grumpy now...

getting hassle from the boss at home.... so I told her ( F... U...) ;)

Hopefully mees and Trab can rally some troops... for the next lan.. then we will see... Lan Domination !!!!!!:) MU HA HA HA.... Etc... Etc...

Sinner

The good
Variation of games
choice of food over the weekend
no technical issues for me
the music was sweet (enjoyed being able to hear other people this time)
The bad
i realise when everyone was in the big games were epic but due to small numbers at the lan there was no team tournament based games, yeh we got l4d going and had everyone in ut04/cod/css but some team tourneys will be nice if the numbers improve.
The disgustingly awful
the above mentioned deep trench on show for a lot of the time <3
THE EPIC FAIL THAT LOST ME MY RISK GAME!
The absolutly amazing
the amount of alcohol me socks and madfanta consumed between us.
the bacon rolls in the morning while pricey are so worth it
MY DOMINATION OF MADMAN IN QUAKE 3 14-1 i beleive was the final score :D when we play a map thats not in every other fps ever made im sure ill get owned but until that day ... ROLL ON SINNER!

Deep Blue

The BOFH
Staff member
Well that's me just got set up again, many thanks to everyone who showed up cause it wouldn't be a party without you guys :)

The good

Music was awesome, as always! Thanks goes out to Greg and his friends as Atmosphere for the sound system :)

Loved the selection of games that we played, especially the big game of Armagetron! Rainbow Six Vegas was also a good late night game, and risk was awesome.

The Bad

Can't think of anything apart from the need for someone to buy Castiana a belt :D

The ugly isn't even worth mentioning as I enjoyed every minute for BreachLAN 14!!! :)

MadmaN

Sinner you forget the amount of alcoholl i had also lol ... 70cl bottle of smirnoff on saturday night :) oh and as for quake i call rematch on quakelive :D

Madfanta

I loved it how at the end of the LAN when i was putting the bottles in the bin Gemini asked me if i was old enough to drink
Im sorry i didn't know there was a certain age your supposed to be ;D

ZeroG

Great lan as usual and I don't think the lack of people was a negative thing. We had just as much fun and even got pretty much everyone in the same games most of the time. Hopefully though we can get more people to come along to no. 15.

PS. Don't suppose anyone found a wireless 360 controller as I seem to be 1 down.

Madfanta

Yaaay lol :D
whats with all the good being highlighted good good good good good good good good good good

Whoops good overload FAIL :p

Top Bottom