Disturbed - Down With The Sickness
Enter ****man - Metallica
The Game - Disturbed
Drowning Pool - Bodies
Fresh Prince of Bel Air

gemini

The Crude One
Staff member
Sing along just did not happen last lan. No point forcing it. It's the type of thing that needs to happen on its own.

gemini

The Crude One
Staff member
Neg the music is always at a very low level.

High enough so that you can hear it when you have your headphones off, but low enough that you can hear all the game sounds and dont remotely have to raise your voice to speak to people. It really does just make the atmosphere that much more relaxed and feeling more like an actual party.

Amesy I know found it a little loud during a few moments but that was becase he was sitting right in front of the speakers. For next event il be working on a solution to have the speakers a little further back so that problem doesnt re-occur.

Amesy

Neg the music is always at a very low level.

High enough so that you can hear it when you have your headphones off, but low enough that you can hear all the game sounds and dont remotely have to raise your voice to speak to people. It really does just make the atmosphere that much more relaxed and feeling more like an actual party.

Amesy I know found it a little loud during a few moments but that was becase he was sitting right in front of the speakers. For next event il be working on a solution to have the speakers a little further back so that problem doesnt re-occur.
A scholar and a gentleman you are.

SwiftTempest

i thought the music was loud at time, i couldnt hear my own music most of the time and thats with awsome headphones, volume at max and even the preamp set to redicously high

PseudoPhreak

Captain Hammer!!
if people want to listen to music, thats what headphones are for.
its pretty much the same as if people took their own speakers.

seems like alot of people didnt enjoy it, and rest werent that fussed.

Amesy

if people want to listen to music, thats what headphones are for.
its pretty much the same as if people took their own speakers.

seems like alot of people didnt enjoy it, and rest werent that fussed.
Oh I did enjoy it... a lot. The music made for a better atmosphere but the volume was a little too much at times. Although as Gemini said, being right in front of the speaker didn't help that, and he is looking into another position that'll make the music a lot less intrusive for the next LAN. It's all trial and error.

gemini

The Crude One
Staff member
Perhaps part of the problem is the sheer size of the system. Despite it being only used at a fraction of it's capable volume.

To put it in perspective, the amps were set at 0.5/10 and the mixer was barely registering three green lights most of the time.

It's a 400W per channel amplifier setup with 800W per channel speakers. Even at it's lowest level that I could actually get it to go it was perhaps just too loud.

I'l investigate getting a lower powered system for the future. It is just trial and error.

And I'd like to say to everybody, if you thought it was too loud or think its too loud in the future then please dont feel sheepish or anything and just ask us to turn it down. My first DJ job was with an events company and they showed me just how much music can make or break an event. Having it makes the atmosphere better but having it too loud where it isnt appropriate can be annoying.

Please, if in the future you think anything is too loud then please don't feel sheepish and just ask us to turn it down.

Games first :D

Top Bottom