BreachLAN #23 feedback response

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deep Blue

The BOFH
Staff member
Hi Guys

I think it's about time we lock the feedback thread and start to respond to your comments from BreachLAN #23 :)

I will try and outline and respond to the majority of the points raised, please remember that although we cannot respond to every comment on an individual basis we do read everything that is posted on the forums :)

• Patchy Internet
I know a few people including myself experienced a few hiccups with the internet. I think I have identified the cause (bug in server software) and will be reverting to an older version which should fix the "internet roulette". Please be aware that the internet access is only really provided for steam authentication / light browsing and that you should really really make the effort to have games installed before the event. We can however handle mid-lan updates reasonably smoothly as Valve have given us a lot of unwelcome practice at this!
  • Not enough games
At the moment we are trying to find a balance between being open ended and having a rigid structure, I think the solution to this would be to perhaps have a list of core games that you should have installed and ready to go with a minutes notice. We try to select games that are very cheap or sometimes even free to play and that also have modest system requirements to ensure everyone can join in. If we were to actively advertise big games, we really need you guys to be willing to participate in them it's as simple as that :) Although we can't push people to play games, it makes a better party if everyone joins in. At the end of the day it's a welcome break from the norm so please make every effort to participate!
All in all apart from that, I cannot really find anything else to respond to which is pretty good going really. I think in summary we will publish a list of core games along with a rough schedule (we did this at the last event but I don't think we broadcast this fact often enough).
Thanks for reading my waffle and get your tickets booked for BreachLAN #24! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom