BreachLAN 30 - The Theme

gemini

The Crude One
Staff member
red_vs_blue_by_br8y16-d5cjx5t.png

That's right. Red Vs Blue is BACK.

After it's success at Breach26 we've decided to bring it back for another run.

Before the event, everybody will be randomly assigned a team. During the event, every game you play will count towards your teams overall score with the winners receiving the glory and the honor that only the best team deserves

We're still in the process of reviewing the points system for RvB's second outing. But expect it to be pretty similar to last time with a few tweaks to improve balances.

The full games list along with the scoring and team lists will be posted closer to the time.

Right now though if you want to get involved we're looking for two team captains. Your job during the event will be to keep on track of your teams, make sure your players are ready for the big games, explain to newbies how game mechanics work, help them connect to servers. There is also the task of hyping up your team, and picking members of your team to face up to challenges from the other team.

If you want to do this, drop me a PM :D

Last edited by a moderator:
T

trkevig

sweet....... loved this last time. no im not bringing the racing seat back lol it had to get disasembled to fit in loft... then reassembled.

I'll bring my wheel again ! :D

So happy at RvB being back - IMO it was the best LAN I've been to, so competitive but fun and enjoyable at the same time...

mintR

I Stream Things
I'm happy to help with anything <3.

Few RvB Ideas..

Insurgency Coop Game mode , each team chooses 6 players. Those players will go against the AI of a map to try and complete the objectives. More objectives complete = more points for the team.

or

Insurgency multi player , Red v Blue - Preferred strike = search and destroy sort of game mode.

CS:GO 5 V 5 - Red vs Blue

Shootmania Storm is now Free 2 play -

http://blog.maniaplanet.com/blog/20...l&utm_source=facebook.com&utm_campaign=buffer

Red Vs Blue teams - lots of gamemode

Quake Live - f2p

Last edited:

Piglet

Miss Bitch
UT Grassy knoll CTF..... What an epically soul destroying game we had last time lol...... 6hrs was it??

coob

*looks disapprovingly*
Supraball fits the bill perfectly!

Hopefully the teams turn out a little more balanced in certain games. Will there be team balancing, or all in like last time?

Oh god - UT :'(

On that topic though - I'd really like to try and get a large scale (16v16) realistic shooter on the go - split into sub-teams of 4. ARMA2 would be ideal for this as it runs on a wide range of systems and has a fairly decent map-maker.

If enough people have ARMA2 and fancy this over the weekend then I'll look into making a custom mission specially for the weekend :)

Knottyboy

Oh god - UT :'(

On that topic though - I'd really like to try and get a large scale (16v16) realistic shooter on the go - split into sub-teams of 4. ARMA2 would be ideal for this as it runs on a wide range of systems and has a fairly decent map-maker.

If enough people have ARMA2 and fancy this over the weekend then I'll look into making a custom mission specially for the weekend :)
I'd like this, but I don't know how to play ARMA. I can envision 20 minutes of fumbling around in the spawn learning the controls

Spyykey

F*ck Mountain
If we did(we most likely will) do UT then I nominate Cousin "Niko" Gomez as temporary captain of that game. Niko <3 XOXO

I'd like this, but I don't know how to play ARMA. I can envision 20 minutes of fumbling around in the spawn learning the controls

The most complex part is the communication system which you don't need to use - I can set it up to make it as simple as possible.

I own Arma 3, the most time I've spent on it is on the breaking point (dayz) mod. I cant fathom the 20 diferent keystroke just to get from a standing position to prone.

Z, X, or C isn't quite 20 keystrokes mintR. Granted it's not the direction + shoot of Shootmania but I just want something that'll last more than 10 minutes.

Anyone else up for this?

Top Bottom