Official Breachlan12 Shop Information / Prices

Status
Not open for further replies.

gemini

The Crude One
Staff member
Hey guys.

At Breachlan12 we will have a shop available for your conveniance. Selling food and drink at very competetive prices.

Expect prices to be as follows.

Drinks

330ml - Coca Cola / Diet Coke / Fanta - £0.50
250ml - RedBull / Sugar Free RedBull - £1

We will also potentially have bottled water on sale. Unfortunately I fail at life and forgot to check the pricing for it to see if it would be worthwhile stocking.

We may also have an Ice Machine available for the LAN which shop customers can feel free to use for no charge. This is not confirmed yet though. I'm working on it.

Pringles

Large 100g Container - Salt & Vinegar / Cheese & Onion / Prawn Cocktail / BBQ - £1.50

Chocolate

Assorted bars of chocolate will be available for £0.50 each. Expect Mars, Snickers and KitKat Chunky to be available.

Bakery Stuff

We will have things like giant muffins and cookies available in assorted flavours. From Bananna and Walnut, to Chocolate and Cherry flavours.

I can not announce flavours in advance because I honestly don't know what will be in stock when I come to buy them. However, these things are good, (I took the liberty of buying some to taste to make sure they were good enough for Breachlan :D)

Expect them to be on sale for £1 each.

I hope you will agree the prices are quite reasonable. If you have any questions then please don't hesitate to ask.

I should also point out that this in no way affects your right to take your own food and snacks from home. You are still allowed to take all the food and snacks that you like from home.

ZeroG

We will also potentially have bottled water on sale. Unfortunately I fail at life and forgot to check the pricing for it to see if it would be worthwhile stocking.

Costco are quite good on bottled water. They often have a deal on where you buy 1 crate and get 1 free which I often buy. Can't remember if a voucher was needed tho - although I should have somewhere.

gemini

The Crude One
Staff member
To expand on this, I'm using another post to not allow the first one to get too cluttered up.

I know some people asked for some alternative energy drinks, such as Monster or Relentless. I'd like to explain why only RedBull is on offer.

We do not want to make you guys feel alienated by the sudden appearance of a shop that charges £LOL prices. It was always in my mind that it is something I would like to do for Breachlan (out of my own pocket) to make the experiance better for customers.

With that in mind, the minimum we would have to charge for Relentless or Monster would have been £2 per can. When supermarkets have these drinks available for less than £1 a can, I can't see that selling well unfortunately.

Therefore I chose to go with RedBull because we can offer these for £1 per can, which if you will check Asda.com is only one penny more expensive than buying an individual can from there.

There will be quite a limited range of chocolate bars available. Again this is due to the pricing of the products and the fact that this is the first time this shop will be available. We don't want to be left with tonnes of excess stock at the end of the event. With them only being available on boxes of 48, If we were to offer six or seven kinds of chocolate bars it would mean that we had 336 chocolate bars to sell to about 30 people. An average of 11.2 bars per person over the course of 48 hours. Kinda impractical I'm sure you will agree.

However, I am open to being proved wrong and if the chocolate is highly successful we will look at expanding the range for future events.

Unfortunately due to licencing laws we can not sell alcohol at Breachlan. We would have to go through the process of getting a license which is something that we could not do on time for this event. However this is something which is on my mind for future events.

The bakery things though is what I'm most excited about. These things are absolutely AWESOME.

We will have them on sale, individually wrapped for £1. And they are bloody good. I hope you will enjoy them as much as I am enjoying them.

If you have any questions about the shop, or anything else about Breachlan then please feel free to contact me or anyone of the Staff

Thanks.

MadmaN

pringles abit expensive but everything else is good! will just have to buy monster or rockstar from my local shop! quid a can :)

SwiftTempest

if i remember correctly there is a somerfield not too far from the hall, my plan was, if i need anything i would run across to there

gemini

The Crude One
Staff member
The shop is intended as a convenience for those who do not want to go out shopping. For those who don't have motoring access, or who have had a bit to drink and are unable to drive.

The Somerfield is about five to ten minutes down the road.

Down being the keyword in that previous sentence.

I certainly wouldnt want to walk back up that freaking hill carrying a bag of shopping, or PARTICULARLY if the weather is bad or you are carrying a large case of canned drinks.

And as I said, you are in no way forbidden from taking your own things from home. It's just that buying your lan snacks from Breachlan then you will of course be supporting our fine organization and the future development of Breachlans :D

Xyphious

Well done sir, a class idea! I'll no doubt buy half of your stock of anything that contains caffeine!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom