Post LAN Thoughts

Status
Not open for further replies.
I

imported_prism

Well, post your high and low lights of BreachLAN #6 where here!

Personaly, the UT and Risk II were the best ^^

I'd also like to thank F_Sake & Dex for putting the time and effort into BreachLAN!!

Cya all at #7!

- Priz

*coughSTICKYcough* [Edit: Done - Sakey]

gemini

The Crude One
Staff member
Cracking lan. Great time. Well done. Great job.

The only thing I would say is that the Pizza run was a bit disorganised. I thought that it happened quite late and I did (aswell as at least 2 others) did not hear the call for it when it went out.

Perhaps consider this.

1) Stopping in by Dominos / PHD / Snappys beforehand and picking up like 20 menus.
2) Putting one up on the whiteboard, leave the others in a pile somewhere prominant.
3) Write up on whiteboard - "PIZZA ORDER AT 7PM SATURDAY NIGHT. ORDER YOUR PIZZA HERE BEFORE THEN"
4) Make a table where you write in your name and what type and size of pizza you want. Then pay a member of staff for your order.

Apart from that, the big games were organised, and everyone who was available always participated (afaik)
It was quite warm at night
Network was fine
Servers were fine
Internet access (EXCELLENT) - I never thought I would be so happy to have a dial up connection, but it really was excellent. It made the lan more comfortable and more relaxing for me being able to be on messenger and read my emails Smiley

Well done to all the staff.

See you all at Breachlan7.

(Expect Americansoda order thread to go up when next date is confirmed)

Deep Blue

The BOFH
Staff member
Throughly enjoyed the LAN

Thanks to everyone that participated, and to Kris, Sion and Scott for helping out myself and the magnificent sakey :D You guys are the best!

Pizza? Well it was announced verbally and on IRC (but no one was on to observe) I think things fell in a heap cause Olap the pizza dude was not in attendance, Gemini for backup pizza dude?

Just a quick reminder than #7 is booked and confirmed, signups and payment links will be up shortly

Sakey

What a fantastic LAN. I was worried that with so few people it would maybe lack that little something that makes LANs so great. Happily I was proved wrong.

Everyone joined in with all the big organised games (mostly :p) and the surprise game of the LAN was CSS which usually gets zero playtime.

The Staff v Punters games at the end were ace as well, with us beating the punters 1 - 0 on UT2k4 CTF and the punters pretty much wiping the floor with us at CSS (Even if the game was stopped prematurely due to me crashing the server - which I still have no idea how I did it :p).

All in all a great LAN and with 5 people already PAID for BL7 thats off to a good start.

On a side note there are going to be a LOT of changes comming to BreachLAN (All good, I assure you - This includes me not crashing any more servers) so keep an eye on the forums and news page.

NiceGuy

Great LAN, big big thank's too all the staff! and gamers who showed up :)^_^

Prism you are so right when you said you thought the UT and Risk II were the best, epic both in completely different ways.

CSS was ofc a huge part of the enjoyment for me ;) Hope i can win something through it next LAN :p

The only downsides i can think of for me, were me not bringing a sleeping bag -lol- and my best friend OD-Tassadar not being able to come :'(
And none of them are the organisers fault happily.

Thank's to fara for risk aswell, awesome guy.
I'm already paid for BL7, so see you all next time! Psudo we will go get wasted one night on town in the future hehe.

Please post any screenshots, or photo's you took, guys! Thanks!

breachgq3.jpg

I

imported_prism

You had to be following me when you took that screenie dident you :p

Bloodnok

Good to hear u guys had fun, me however, I had glandular fever so I couldn't go :cry:. So can one of the admins please forward my payment from bl6 to bl7?

BRING IT ON!!!!!

Deep Blue

The BOFH
Staff member
Dave said:
Good to hear u guys had fun, me however, I had glandular fever so I couldn't go :cry:. So can one of the admins please forward my payment from bl6 to bl7?

BRING IT ON!!!!!

Dave, refunds are only given if you cancel 30 days prior to the start date of the event. With numbers as low as they were, and with the hall's rates going up we were on a very tight budget (infact we ran BreachLAN 6 at a loss!). So you will have to pay for BL#7 seperatly, sorry mate.

On another note, signups should be open this week, the more people that pay up, the better the prizes will be :)

I

imported_prism

NiceGuy said:

That was the 5.5 hour epix game.... Dam you NiceGuy...

He started that final attack with about 45/50 troops. Look in East Africa. I took a fair chunk of em on my way down ^^

MadmaN

well i never played in that ;) knew i missed something when i was sleeping lol

Mark one lan i shall take that crown from your head :D

MadmaN

Would just like to say it was a great LAN, I had a laugh and many games where played so top dog to the organisers there hehe

Thank you to gemini for drinks :) Thank you to Blitz for the lcd carrier and Thank you to the BreachLAN Crew for the awsome lan.

The only couple things that i was a little disspointed about was the pizza issue and my much awaited q3 game lol .

Anyway Thanks to Aim for being my Frag meat on that little q3 1v1 game lol :D ( tho good on ya, you got 3 against me hehe )

I guess thanks to ScottishDragron for hacking my computer and letting me know about the biggest security hole in the world LOL. ( my root admin password is now set LOL )

OH and Ive got some videos and pictures from the lan for the website.

BRING ON BREACHLAN 7 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Olap

oooh, zerog won the instagib! Going to so rape him at breachlan 7, and yes I shall organise pizza. Looks like I missed a cracking lan. Shall be certain to make the next one (allready put the request in at work, and shall have no coruse dates (only uni work))

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom