We has interwebs!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dioxin

I have managed to wrestle with vodafone to allow me to use my phone as a gateway to all that is the interwebs.

The reason I've done this is for the benefit of the Killing Floor Tourney I intend to run so that we can use and continue to level our previous perks.

There is a fair usage policy limit of 500mbs so some "light" internet browsing might also be possible.

all this should alleviate the steam/prism issues as well :D

and with any luck it wont cost me a penny :) free first month and all :D

Xyphious

I have managed to wrestle with vodafone to allow me to use my phone as a gateway to all that is the interwebs.

The reason I've done this is for the benefit of the Killing Floor Tourney I intend to run so that we can use and continue to level our previous perks.

There is a fair usage policy limit of 500mbs so some "light" internet browsing might also be possible.

all this should alleviate the steam/prism issues as well :D

and with any luck it wont cost me a penny :) free first month and all :D

hurrah for mobile interweb pipes!

Deep Blue

The BOFH
Staff member
Nice one, 500 meg won't go far as previous lanners will find that we allow them to log into steam and that's about it.

Come see me and we'll sort out the internet access, ports, etc :)

Dioxin

its a fair usage policy and they have provided the modem and software :)

So I'll just argue the toss that I wasnt able to track the usage as THEIR software was registering it incorrectly :p (Which I know for a fact it does :D )

I also found out today that they have no provision for billing beyond the fair usage amount ;)

If your usage is excessively high, we will get in touch to discuss how you can reduce your usage - for example disabling peer to peer or other high bandwidth applications. If your usage continues to be excessive, we may limit the speed of your service to reduce your impact on other users, charge you for excess usage or terminate your account.

but I seriously dont intend to tear the arse out of it :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom