Wireless Headset/Headphones!?!

Beanman

Hey guys i was wondering if anyone could help me pick out a a new wireless headset/headphones?

TBH I'm not keen on the idea of wireless headphones but I've gone through a set of wired every year now due to destroying the cable through snagging or pulling it.

I've short/long coiled wire and i always destroy them, I've gotten used to soldering them but after 2-3 months on repairing them they will eventually go again so this is the reason for going wireless.

Though there are alot of choices out there, I'm a bit picky when i comes to sound quality and instead of getting a gaming set with mic, I'm thinking of getting a Wireless hifi set and a standalone mic.

I also have issues with headsets coming with USB soundcards built into them as i paid 150 quid for my own soundcard and would like the use it to its fullest.

So the barriers for getting a wireless headset are:
No built in soundcard only transmitter
Over ear and dont matter if there open or closed
No bluetooth crap

Think thats it, the 2 sets ive been looking at are:

Astro A50 but there only if there worth the cost.
Sennheiser RS 180 same again if there worth it.

Would like the hear some other suggestions.

Castiana

Soon™
I've used Sennheiser wireless headsets for 6+ years now, the sound quality is amazing. I've been tempted by the Astro headsets, but their battery life is shockingly low compared to Sennheisers.

If your not to sure on Wireless audio, you can get a cheap set of Sennheisers and have a play with them. Sennheisers bottom of the range headsets are comparable to the middle-top of the line from other manufactures.

Niko

Never used a wireless set, but +1 for Sennheisers. I picked up a pair of wired over-ear Sennheisers for £13 a few years ago and they're the most durable and some of the best sounding I've ever owned. I used to go destroy headphones very quickly, but these have lasted at least 3 years with only a few scratches to show for it.

Beanman

Yea I'm glad you guys have the same preference as me when it comes to sound and Sennheisers seems to be the best choice so far.

I'll let you guys know how I get on after Xmas.

Knottyboy

If you're not keen on wireless, I'd recommend Steelseries Siberia V2s. I've had mine for well over 3 years now and they've survived all this time, never really treated them like they're fragile either. There are quite a few people on here who have them who I'm sure would agree.

Beanman

If you're not keen on wireless, I'd recommend Steelseries Siberia V2s. I've had mine for well over 3 years now and they've survived all this time, never really treated them like they're fragile either. There are quite a few people on here who have them who I'm sure would agree.

I was one of those people, i had the limited edition Green ones :(. they are a very good headset, would recommend them to anyone.

Beanman

OK SO, I've made up my mine and its a choice between the sennhieser rs180/220 just trying to decide weather the sound quality is worth the extra money for the 220's

Will see what happens over Xmas and update you all on which ones I get.

.AC.

RS180
RS220

I always look to what hi-fi for sound related advice. Prices are a little different through age so I'm not sure how relevant it is. I've been looking at wireless headphones for a while, love the idea but the price puts me way off.

Also consider your solution to "no more broken headphones" is removing the symptom not the cause. Breaking the wire on a yearly basis and not learning from it suggests to me that buying wireless just means putting £169 of delayed risk on your head. In siberia v2 terms thats just over two years of traditional headphone investment you're planning!

(I broke the left cup wire in my last head phones. My current pair, Siberia v2s, I sat on because I made sure I left then in a place I couldnt snag the wire, which was the seat of the chair.... Turns out I'm just negligent, and that electrical tape is pretty damn strong. Still though, I'm making sure both problems don't happen again)

Knottyboy

trLBJVX.png

Goddamn it coob

Beanman

So, Then update is that i have ordered the Sennheiser 220's.
Will give a verdict on how they sound when I receive them.
Now for a Mic

coob

*looks disapprovingly*
awesome, I hear good thing bout the yeti series, think my brother is going to get one. I have quite the mic setup (mic, preamp/mixer, usb soundcard a bit overkill but i like to plug my guitar in) but the usb mic's are also apparently pretty good.

Top Bottom