It's time we got this thread going.

gemini

The Crude One
Staff member
Ladies and Gentlemen.

Time has come to once again start making up the official game list.

We're looking to make up a list of about ten to twelve games that we strongly suggest everybody own before the LAN.

Some of our classics are already on the list. Unreal Tournament 2004, DiRT2, Hedgewars, Call of Duty 4 and Counter-Strike Source

We need suggestions for the rest of the games.

And also as usual, I'l get started.

DEFCON
Team Fortress 2
Left 4 Dead
Left 4 Dead 2
Killing Floor
Starcraft II [Tournament]

We're also looking to find out what games we should run a tournaments for. We need to find one or two games to run tournaments for, potentially with prizes available depending on what works out with sponsors.

So we need suggestions for games and specific recommendations for tournies.

What you guys want ?

Deep Blue

The BOFH
Staff member
Flat out 2
Half-Life DM
Need for Speed Hot Pursuit
DEFCON
Air Buccaneers
Altitude
Dog Fighter

Amesy

Battlefield: Bad Company 2

I'm a little hesitant to recommend that people go out and actually buy Breach... it's not a very good game at all... Perhaps all the issues I get won't appear on LAN (horrible horrible lag) but it's up to you all.

ZeroG

I second Bad Company 2. Been playing this quite a lot now over the last couple weeks and it's great fun.

gemini

The Crude One
Staff member
I'm a little hesitant to recommend that people go out and actually buy Breach... it's not a very good game at all... Perhaps all the issues I get won't appear on LAN (horrible horrible lag) but it's up to you all.

+1, I've removed it from my list.

It looks awesome, but until the huge connectivity problems it has are resolved I will be actively discouraging others from buying it.

Such simple faults that just can't be excused. Infinate load times, no dedicated server connections, dedicated software that doesnt even run on my hardware, buggy and worthless.

grogers126

Sniper
Sniper ghost warrior is pretty good as multiplayer game i have some friends round and we all play that as well as call of duty black ops etc

BlitzThose

+1, I've removed it from my list.

It looks awesome, but until the huge connectivity problems it has are resolved I will be actively discouraging others from buying it.

Such simple faults that just can't be excused. Infinate load times, no dedicated server connections, dedicated software that doesnt even run on my hardware, buggy and worthless.

I completly agree even the NS2 alpha was a much better state than this.

gemini

The Crude One
Staff member
Welcome Mr grogers126.

Trouble with Black Op's is that because the publishers decided to limit it to only one GSP, we can't host any dedicated servers for it. The dedicated server software is not available to anyone :( (Fail)

MadmaN

Red Alert 2 - in loving memory of HitmaN my brother I would like a tourney of RA2 as it was his favourite pc game. :)

CS:S is always good fun

HL2 Deathmatch

Top Bottom