Why hello there

Well I guess I should introduce myself.

I guess my LAN gaming stuff started about 6 years ago where I used to frequent MicroPlay in Glasgow (back before it was a little shop where you could have the Wii on at the back and be out in the street playing Wii Tennis) where I used to play some CoD2 and Counter Strike - very badly I might add. I also went to Esc Gaming (before it closed).

I am your typical gamer, I have consoles dating back two decades and games that go back that far too. I usually just play my Xbox or something on the PC when I feel like it.

Games I know (but not necessarily good at):
  • Team Fortress 2
  • Killing Floor
  • Counter Strike
  • Call of Duty
  • Minecraft
  • Halo
  • etc.
Feel free to say Hi, I dont bite.... much

Skull

Thou Shalt Not Pass
Hey there, welcome to BreachLAN! :)

I must say I was glad to see a real user awaiting approval rather than a spam bot! XD

Knottyboy

Welcome along!

By any chance, did MicroPlay used to be near the Euro Hostel? I went down there for a gig a few years ago and we had a few hours to kill, so we went to this internet cafe and played CoD4 for hours haha. Can't remember the name, microplay sounds familiar though.

Deep Blue

The BOFH
Staff member
Welcome to the community! :)

We hang out on mumble most nights, play a few games and just generally chew the fat in between LAN's

Are you local enough to consider attending our next event in about 3 weeks time?

Welcome along!

By any chance, did MicroPlay used to be near the Euro Hostel? I went down there for a gig a few years ago and we had a few hours to kill, so we went to this internet cafe and played CoD4 for hours haha. Can't remember the name, microplay sounds familiar though.

Up until about 3 years ago it was on Oswald street, the opposite side of central station from the Eurohostel. Now it is on Union Street, a few doors up from Gamestation.

Are you local enough to consider attending our next event in about 3 weeks time?

Sorry, I live in Glasgow and don't really know how I would get to an event without having to commandeer a car and drive the 8 hours there.

Skull

Thou Shalt Not Pass
Sorry, I live in Glasgow and don't really know how I would get to an event without having to commandeer a car and drive the 8 hours there.

Depending on how much equipment you have, taking the train up might be an option - the hall we are at is about 10 minutes tops from Inverurie station, and you can get services to there from Glasgow Queen St station (you may have to change at Dundee or Aberdeen to get the train right out to Inverurie, I've not done that route before). That takes about 3 hours or so for the journey, then you could most likely pay someone in beer to come and pick you up from the train station (unfortunately I don't have a car, else I would offer to meet you somewhere on my way up to the next one I'm at, as I'm down in Edinburgh for uni at the moment)

Depending on how much equipment you have, taking the train up might be an option - the hall we are at is about 10 minutes tops from Inverurie station, and you can get services to there from Glasgow Queen St station (you may have to change at Dundee or Aberdeen to get the train right out to Inverurie, I've not done that route before). That takes about 3 hours or so for the journey, then you could most likely pay someone in beer to come and pick you up from the train station (unfortunately I don't have a car, else I would offer to meet you somewhere on my way up to the next one I'm at, as I'm down in Edinburgh for uni at the moment)
Well maybe not this one because I am going to America on wednesday, and starting work in a couple of weeks and I am so rusty.

Maybe some other time

Deep Blue

The BOFH
Staff member
I was gonna say no way is it 8 hours up here :)

Hope you enjoy your trip and as you can see we are a friendly bunch! :)

Deep Blue

The BOFH
Staff member
Thought it sounded familiar!

It would be 4 hours if you obeyed the speed limit... just sayin... :p
I guess it would be if you counted the time required to get through Aberdeen, but it's 3 hours or less to get to Aberdeen.... like bridge of dee Aberdeen :)

Top Bottom