A few questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xyphious

Hey, i'm kinda interested in coming.

Just a few questions:

Do we have an internet hookup there?
Whats the age range (read: bring beer? :-D )
Whats the usual attendance numbers?

also whats the chances of getting some Street Fighter 4 sessions on the go?!

I've got a couple of mates who i'm trying to get in on it too so hopefully they'll register on the site shortly and pony up the cash!!

Cheers

Xyphious

Also is there a concise list of games anywhere? Off the top of my head i have:

SF4
L4D
CS:S
HL2
Killing Floor
Guitar Hero World Tour (you know it rules!!)
Q3 vanilla & team arena
TF2
BF2

I'll post some other stuff when i remember what i've got, just want to see if there are any games i should definitely buy before the event

Deep Blue

The BOFH
Staff member
Welcome!

Firstly there is no true internet access there, we have got provisions for getting steam activations, emergency patches etc. This may change but for the moment bank on limited internet access.

Under 16's require parental consent forms to be completed and brought with you to the event, we have no problem with people bringing alcohol so long as you are responsible with it. People who "boom" will be made fun of and possibly ejected from the venue :)

We usually see around 20-30 people arrive, so plenty of room. However numbers are not looking too fantastic for the event so the more the merrier!

UT2004
COD4
Trackmania Nations
TF2

All prove to be popular with maybe some Killing Floor, Re-Volt and Dawn of War thrown in for good measure. This isnt a definative list however :) Dont forget there will also be a few consoles available (xbox360, wii etc) available for general party use :)

Thanks for stopping by and we'll hopefully see you at number 11 :)

Edit: If you have UT2004, Half-Life2 (CSS, TF2, L4D), COD4 etc then that is pretty much a good starting point for the LAN

Xyphious

Cool, well count me in then! I'll get the payment done some time soon and choose my seat.
I'll see if i can get the some games on this list, been meaning to buy Trackmania anyways.

What time does the event kick off on the friday btw?

EDIT: Paid, woo!

Xyphious

We usually play the free version, trackmania nations

Kick off is 6pm friday

Perfect, i work just over on Campus 1 on the Sci & Tech park so i'll come by straight after

Handy you play the free TM, think i'll buy unreal 2k4 instead then :cool:

Cheers for the replies

MadmaN

age group between 16 to 30 lol

beers are great at lans unless you drink to much ;)

net connection aint a problem...i got a 3G modem and iphone modem lol

im the quake man if you want a game

Deep Blue

The BOFH
Staff member
Perfect, i work just over on Campus 1 on the Sci & Tech park so i'll come by straight after

Handy you play the free TM, think i'll buy unreal 2k4 instead then :cool:

Cheers for the replies

Nice one! :) Thanks for your support by the way!

Xyphious

im the quake man if you want a game

Sa-weet, yeah i'll play some 1 on 1 with ya :D

You'll prolly wipe the floor with me tho coz i ain't played for a while, getting my home internet connection finally hooked up today so i should be able to get some practise in before the date!

MadmaN

Sa-weet, yeah i'll play some 1 on 1 with ya :D

You'll prolly wipe the floor with me tho coz i ain't played for a while, getting my home internet connection finally hooked up today so i should be able to get some practise in before the date!

do you have rocket arena mod? ace mod if your playing crap....all guns ect :)

Xyphious

nah i don't got that one, i'll see about getting it installed though because i'm willing to play anything!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom