BreachLAN #12 Feedback

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deep Blue

The BOFH
Staff member
Hi Guys

Please tell us what you thought of our party, a general summary of what you liked, what you didn't like so much, what provisions you'd like us to stock the tuck shop with and if we got the balance of games right :)

All comments welcome, but keep it clean ;)

Dioxin

I'd like to vote for a Klaxon Warning at 7am!

Less Sleeping more gaming!

Personal I'd have liked to have seen greater use of organised slots where for 2+ hour periods most peeps were involved in the same game (much like the L4D, COD4 and FlatOut2) or perhaps some kind of sign up board for spin-offs.

I think ultimately the difficulty lies in that you can't please everyone completely, so the sandbox style of play worked brilliantly for most.

I also freely admit that some of the blame lies solely with me for not being prepared :)

EDIT: Bear in mind I most likely can't attend another one anytime soon :-(

SwiftTempest

i thought the weekend was great. i probaly ask for more water to be sold

Personal I'd have liked to have seen greater use of organised slots where for 2+ hour periods most peeps were involved in the same game (much like the L4D, COD4 and FlatOut2) or perhaps some kind of sign up board for spin-offs.

i agree with Dioxin on this point, the staff could put up a timetable of any events going on during the weekend up on the whiteboard. also when we all were playing Trackmania that could easily been turned into a tourney

ZeroG

i thought the weekend was great. i probaly ask for more water to be sold

i agree with Dioxin on this point, the staff could put up a timetable of any events going on during the weekend up on the whiteboard. also when we all were playing Trackmania that could easily been turned into a tourney

The water issue was my fault I only brought the 1 case - I had 3 more at home.

As for the time table there was one, it was on the sheets on everyone's desk but the problem is it's quite hard to stick to.

As for feedback I was left disappointed by the L4D tourny, I wanted to take part but with teams of 4 I was left without a team, so for the first 4 hours or so of me being there I was sat playing singleplayer Borderlands/UT3

gemini

The Crude One
Staff member
Thanks for the feedback so far.

I will be adjusting the stock for the next lan to include much more drink and much less food. I will also be looking into the possibility of getting a temporary alcohol licence so we can sell perfectly chilled beer all weekend long.

The timetable was only very loosely stuck to. If there was a lot of people in a big game and having a good time it would have been pretty silly to interrupt that just because it said so on a bit of paper I made up the morning of the event.

It was more there so that if things stalled and there was not much going on we could use it to guide players towards a game to play.

I'l also be looking at expanding the tunes available for the next event. The Oakenfold and Bob Sinclar mixes went down really well so il be trying to get a few more of them for next time. As for the tunes on the first night I can only say that they were down to my music hard drive failing and being left with CD's.

The Saturday night comedy sing along will also be returning for Breach13 with at least a few hours of lol tunes we can sing along to. Requests being taken in advance.

Deep Blue

The BOFH
Staff member
I enjoyed the CD's.... :)

I think we had loads of games lined up and ran outta time to play them!

I can't wait for the next one :)

MadmaN

Chilled beer sounds good :) .. how about making use of lan software? http://www.nerdclub.net/alp/ - games can be easly organised on there and there is even a chat function... I also mentioned to gemini about it having a function that lets you pick tracks from his list of music or vote on tracks... and you can even upload your own tracks to the list to be played. this gone down well at other lans.

here is an online demo of the software - http://www.nerdclub.net/alp/test/index.php

just found something else I am going to test drive. http://www.oddsock.org/tools/gen_songrequester/ - request songs from a local webpage and then its qued to be played.

Deep Blue

The BOFH
Staff member
The trouble with IRC and an intranet is that we've found they just don't get used.

IRC was present at Breach 12 and I do not think a single soul used it!

The intranet will return for number 13 if ya'll are gonna use it ;)

Xyphious

The only problem i had at BL was people would suddenly announce a game, i'd spend a few minutes trying to get in and by the time i could actually see the server the game was full.
That was probably more a problem on my end to be fair but twas very frustrating.

The suggestion i have is that if people intend on playing a particular game they should write it up on the board, get others to add their names so the slots are allocated then that way everyone had full visibility of any on-going games and has an idea of whats to come during that day

Other than that all was great, had plenty of support and the games were damn good

Deep Blue

The BOFH
Staff member
The only problem i had at BL was people would suddenly announce a game, i'd spend a few minutes trying to get in and by the time i could actually see the server the game was full.
That was probably more a problem on my end to be fair but twas very frustrating.

The suggestion i have is that if people intend on playing a particular game they should write it up on the board, get others to add their names so the slots are allocated then that way everyone had full visibility of any on-going games and has an idea of whats to come during that day

Other than that all was great, had plenty of support and the games were damn good

This is where the big games come in :) Sit closer to the staff next time and we'll be able to prod you until you join us in game!

Killingfloor was quite popular, but its a 6 man game, Flatout 2 was good, but again 8 slots and down the size of Breach 12, it meant that we had one full game and one not so full game.

It's all food for thought, if people are happy playing a game we can't force em to start playing something else :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom