BreachLAN 16 - New Venue Information

gemini

The Crude One
Staff member
Ok guys, to try to make this easy im going to split this up as best I can to give you all the info you need about the new venue.

Where is the new venue?

The new venue is the Logie Durno Village Hall. It's 19 miles North of the Haudigain roundabout on the A96 towards Inverness.

It's very easy to find.

1) From the Haudigain Roundabout, head north on the A96. Keep following the A96 until you pass the low bridge.
2) Just after the low bridge, you will enter Pitcable. Take the first right.
3) Follow the road for about half a mile. You will see Logie Durno School on your left hand side. The hall is just behind the school.

Why this place? Why not the usual venue?

This unfortunately is difficult to answer. The short answer is that the Scout's double booked the hall for the weekend we wanted it, and chose to give preferance to the other group. Simple as that really. We literally found this out last Wednesday.

Scott then went and checked out a few other venues, and this one came up as the best. We went to have a visit on Saturday to check the layout, electric systems and available facilities. And it fits pretty nicely.

Couldn't you re-book the Scout hall for another weekend?

We did consider this. We came to the conclusion that we had two choices. Either move the dates and keep the hall, or move the LAN to another hall.

We unanimously agreed that moving the LAN was the better option. Both options are inconveniant. But moving the LAN is slightly less inconveniant for everyone who has already booked time off work to come to the LAN.

I can't make it out to the new venue.

This is where it gets a little tricky and a little, awkward.

It's unfortunate if you can't make it out to the new venue. Asking to hitch a ride with someone is probably the first thing to do. There may well be someone else who can help you out.

If you really can't make it though and have to cancel then please let me know via PM.

What facilities does the new venue have?

We are still working ok making up a full list. But il sumarise what we know already.

1) Plenty space for car parking.
2) Sleeping area away from the LAN.
3) The school across the road gets 10Mbit ADSL (Were working on this)
4) BBQ Space :D

Negator

Due to health reasons i can't really stay up that late and with the travel time going from about 10 mins to 30+ it does have a noticeable effect. Staying overnight isn't really an option i have and i wouldn't want to have to get someone to give me a lift home earlier than they want to leave.nevermind, it wasn't the organisers fault. :)

MadmaN

Try this :)

Please note the postcode is wrong for the place, this is just so you have an idea of where it is, in relation to the A96! :)

cool! working now ... but not on the iPhone for some reason lol.. no shops or takeaways within walking distance then?

Top Bottom