Breachlan 7 Feedback

Status
Not open for further replies.

gemini

The Crude One
Staff member
Great LAN. Thank you to Alan, Dex, Scott, Sion and Dave for organising it.
Everything was great apart from one thing. I dont think there were enough big organised games. Il explain why I think this is the case. At Breachlan6 there was a relatively low attendance. It was drilled into everyone during the leadup to the event that in order to make the lan worthwhile, EVERYONE would need to join in all the games. Wheather they liked the game or not. As a result, everyone did join all the games, and everyone had a great time. This was slightly less so at this lan and il put it down to the slightly higher attendance.
I think personally, a games schedule should go up on the website, in advance of the lan (like, at least a month). Thus allowing everyone to make sure they have all the games installed and patched before the event. And ofc, during the runup and while at the event, everyone should be encouraged all the time to play in the scheduled games at their scheduled times.
This is not to say we have a schedule up for every hour of the entire lan. But say organising a game for between Midday and 2pm, then 4pm to 6pm, and 8pm - Whenever. Just two hour slots with plenty time between them.
Other than that, I was pleased by the Broadband. Well done Madman for organising that. The room was really nice and cosy warm, which was pleasant. As per usual I had no problems with the network, friendly staff, great friendly environment, great games played. Well done lads, that was a great event. Roll on Breachlan 8 :)

MadmaN

Awsome lan , leeched shit loads lol and mannaged to get a decent amount of gaming done and made new friends from hozdog lan . which the 4 of us was hammerd and had a laugh :) Broadband was great for the time it was up over the weekend lol , hopefully the hall will have adsl installed for next event :).

a couple people moned out for something i cant remeber lol but thats just them and there haulfull attitude at lans . cant expect EVERYTHING to work 100% quick and smooth all the time. even multiplay will have problems lol.

Apart from that the LAN ROCKED!!!!! Well done Guys , Cmon BL8 :) - BL8 Payed For and Hozdog LAN Payed For :)

Deep Blue

The BOFH
Staff member
I'm glad that you guys enjoyed the lan! Yeah we will be working toward having slightly more structure at the next event, as we tend to sway from too many scheduled games and not enough. Just need to work more on getting the balance right!

Great to see new faces, including the guys from Horizontal Dog :)

Roll on number eight!

Lizii

Overall i give the Lan "good fun". Lots of things could of gone better (curse you work) but at some point i will send you guys a list of pros and cons :)

I just don't do long posts.

Deep Blue

The BOFH
Staff member
Well you were hardly there! Let's hope you managed to get the entire weekend off for the next one :)

mulllet88

My only problem was with Vista and my new rig and missing out on the pizza run due to being at thin lizzy at the time..... :p So all in all good game good game. Roll on april i say! :p

Castiana

Soon™
... Sean ...

Its Sion :p Glad you all enjoyed it! I agree with gemini, we need to sort out the big games with time slots. Other than that, went very well!

Mullet, I have your laptop. Add me on MSN or xfire to arrange collection :)

ZeroG

You better have a good look through it to delete all the pr0n he will have hidden away on it ;)

Matt

Looking Good

Hi.

Just wanted to say, that even for the short period that I was there for, BreachLAN is certainly shaping up to be a brilliant LAN party. It's not just a room of people sat behind screens for 48 hours, but is very much developing into a party with lots of things happening.

Keep up the good work people and let's see another Scottish location soon! More LANs, More LANs, More LANs!!!!!

Matt.

Deep Blue

The BOFH
Staff member
As always, pleasure to see you again Matt! It's always good to get feedback both positive and negative :)

Really enjoyed the last LAN, roll on BreachLAN #8 :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom