BreachLAN #9 Cancelled

PseudoPhreak

Captain Hammer!!
I guess you all saw this coming but its official now.
We have had to cancel BreachLAN #9 as there wasn't enough people signed up and paid.

I will refund everyone who has paid over the next week.

As you can expect we are uncertain about the next LAN right now but we are still interested in hosting another one if you guys are still interested in attending.
Thanks to everyone who paid and especially those who got friends signed up, you are our bread and butter. It's unfortunate that their first experience is that of one that had to be cancelled.

When we decide on the next LAN, we will be doing all we can to inject some more interest as we have hit a point where the amount of new people we are getting is less than the people losing interest for one reason or another. Any ideas on how to achieve this are always appreciated.

Apologies again.

MadmaN

ah bummer :( ahwell! was looking forword to it to! ... bring on bLAN 10!

does anyone have a small hall or big house that the peeps who did sign up and pay can lan at?

Bloodnok

Yet another let down.

What was the min required for this lan to run and would it it possible to move to another location that is cheaper for a small lan to operate?

gemini

The Crude One
Staff member
:( Bollocks. I guess we kinda knew it was going to happen but its always a dissapointment when it does :(

On another note, if you simply can not wait for your LAN fix, I have space for an additional "few" people at my house if you would like to come there on Saturday.

Saturday only
Free

You would need to arrange your own way out to my house (AB39 3XW)

LAN's at my house we play

Defcon
UT2k4
C&C3

If anyone is interested, drop me a PM on here ASAP. It may take a while for me to respond though I am at work on Flotta ATM so dont get that many options to check these boards (as you may notice if you check the time this post was made)

MadmaN

I thought of an idea to get more people to the lan. do you guys have a emo/skater/whatever lol area in town centre where like 50 of them all hang out lol.... well most of them are wow players! and most likley play other games.

we have an area at our town centre and im thinking if i go down there with a few flyers i could recruite a bunch haha.

just a thought lol.. dont know if i would do it though... might get my m8s sister who hangs with them all to hand them out.

there all into leet speak , you hear them on the bus sometimes lol , just remember we started it first :D

NiceGuy

When we decide on the next LAN, we will be doing all we can to inject some more interest as we have hit a point where the amount of new people we are getting is less than the people losing interest for one reason or another. Any ideas on how to achieve this are always appreciated.

Apologies again.

Unbelievable, breachLAN is shocking.
I thought you'd already decided to "inject some more interest" after the previous LAN, and there was a few ideas mentioned at that point, I even remember sitting down and talking about it. Anyway, gutted I love breachLAN when it actually goes ahead! Even if I do go more out of convince more than anything, and to get drunk with mates.

Like I've been telling you, run a CS:Source tournament! Seriously that attracts big interest -or at least it should with the right advertisement. I mean I'm pretty sure that LAN Cafe on market street (what's it called again?) holds CS:Source tourneys now and again, give them a call see if they can pass the info onwards to the players/teams. Making it 'partly' a competitive LAN should spark some interest. Although I know it's hard without any such big prizes. You probably think I'm just bias cause I'm a CS:Source addict, cause I know you all just like to sit around and play Track Mania or a WC3 mod, /other equivalent BS. hooray!

Ah well, hope it goes ahead next time. Hold on to my payment from the last LAN. cheers.

</end of rant>

Deep Blue

The BOFH
Staff member
Unbelievable, breachLAN is shocking.
I thought you'd already decided to "inject some more interest" after the previous LAN, and there was a few ideas mentioned at that point, I even remember sitting down and talking about it. Anyway, gutted I love breachLAN when it actually goes ahead! Even if I do go more out of convince more than anything, and to get drunk with mates.

Like I've been telling you, run a CS:Source tournament! Seriously that attracts big interest -or at least it should with the right advertisement. I mean I'm pretty sure that LAN Cafe on market street (what's it called again?) holds CS:Source tourneys now and again, give them a call see if they can pass the info onwards to the players/teams. Making it 'partly' a competitive LAN should spark some interest. Although I know it's hard without any such big prizes. You probably think I'm just bias cause I'm a CS:Source addict, cause I know you all just like to sit around and play Track Mania or a WC3 mod, /other equivalent BS. hooray!

Ah well, hope it goes ahead next time. Hold on to my payment from the last LAN. cheers.

</end of rant>

Hey Niceguy :)

If we had the peeps wanting to play CS Source :D

It is very hard to please everyone, I will bear this in mind for the next even!

Cafe LAN folded yonks ago, however I do have some quite encouraging news which involves both of the local universities :)

MadmaN

Cafe LAN folded yonks ago, however I do have some quite encouraging news which involves both of the local universities :)

Sounds intresting :) oh please tell :D - we want to know haha

gemini

The Crude One
Staff member
It's all about the advertising. I have an idea of how I might be able to help with this but I would like to confirm I can do it before I bring it up with the LAN Staff.

Top Bottom