Minecraft
BreachLAN.co.uk
Mumble server
BreachLAN.co.uk/forums

Both me and Everlong have had this problem, both fixed the exact same way;

Flushing DNS
Changing the preferred DNS server to 8 . 8 . 8 . 8
and the alternate DNS server to 8 . 8 . 4 . 4

Is there any connection? and has anyone else had this problem?

P.S thanks to skull for the solution

Everlong

Hey all

I did have the same problem with:

Mumble
breachlan.co.uk
Minecraft

Dex fixed the connection issue for Mumble by getting me to replace the server name with the I.P. in the mumble server connection window. He suggested this after flushing DNS didn't improve anything. (Thanks Dex :D)

Doing the above didn't help with Minecraft connection failures. I followed the instructions above (in Coob's post) and that sorted it straight away. (Thanks Coob & Skull).

I can't say which of the fixes sorted the breachlan.co.uk connection issue as I didn't access the forum until after both of the other problems were rectified.

Hope this is of some use to the boffins!

Cheers all

Evers :D

Knottyboy

I couldn't connect to the mumble server the other day. Just tried again about 5 minutes later and it eventually worked, just put it down to my crappy connection though.

Deep Blue

The BOFH
Staff member
sorry to hear about this guys, googles dns servers tend to be quite fresh but i will look at a solution that doesnt involve you guys faffing :)

Skull

Thou Shalt Not Pass
Can I ask, what ISP are you guys on, and what model routers do you have?

Would just be interesting to know which ISPs have issues accessing our site

Deep Blue

The BOFH
Staff member
I have set up an additional name server which should take some of the load off, as Skull says it would be interesting to find out which ISP's you guys are using and if you have followed the instructions above. Please note that before you go and start changing DNS servers and stuff on your pc you should do a simple ipconfig /flushdns from the command prompt and trying to connect to the service again. (Mumble, minecraft, etc)

Thanks guys :)

ZeroG

I quite often have problems with the forums/site loading very slow and sometimes not at all. Seems to be random occurances though. Happens using both Firefox 7 and Chrome. Sometimes loads fine other times is takes multiple refreshes.

ISP is Talk Talk.

Deep Blue

The BOFH
Staff member
I quite often have problems with the forums/site loading very slow and sometimes not at all. Seems to be random occurances though. Happens using both Firefox 7 and Chrome. Sometimes loads fine other times is takes multiple refreshes.

ISP is Talk Talk.

Does it happen at work or just at home? ;)

Everlong

My provider is Pipex (now Talktalk due to the buy out).

My router is a fairly old Linksys WAG54GS ver. 1.1

I use the latest version of Firefox.

Hope this helps in some way.

Thanks for the continual support.

Cheers

Evers :D

Binky

I guess there is a reason Talk Talk topped the Ofcom table of customer complaints for their phone service and broadband.

Deep Blue

The BOFH
Staff member
I have also corrected a dns issue that might of been contributing to these issues - can you guys let me know how things are today?

ZeroG

Seems to be ok so far today but haven't used the site extensively. Will let you know if there's any further trouble

Deep Blue

The BOFH
Staff member
Please keep this thread on topic any further posts that are not relevant will be removed.

I have been keeping an eye on things over the past couple of days and things seem to be running more smoothly do you guys concur?

coob

*looks disapprovingly*
yep no issues, although I am thinking it was down to my mobo :/ Brother could connect to everything when i couldn't and its fine now with my new one :/

Top Bottom