Broadband at LAN!!! :) :) :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

MadmaN

Right all you wonderfull LAN Party goers I have been given a loan of a USB Mobile Broadband Modem that works with 3G from a good m8 of mine :) it costs him about 50 quid a month to use and i have to double check but its ment to be unlimited data tho i think it has a fair usage policy of 3GB a month :) friday is one month then sat is a new month lol, so 6GB lol ,we can use it for small steam updates , patches, chat , browsing and maybe wow lol just need to keep an eye on the bandwidth that is getting used as it cost way loads more if you go over the limit. speeds can vary from 2mb to 7.1mb connection :).

as it costs my m8 50 quid for each month and he has been very kind to loan it to us i think we should put in a couple of quid each to say thanks.. if you dont want to pay then fair doos its just an idea :)

Let me know what you think .

Deep Blue

The BOFH
Staff member
Hey Stu

We might have a use for this and would be able to give you an accurate picture of the bandwidth accounting too. Bring it along, we currently have a dialup, but this could be a great supplement to it :)

I am pretty sure we could cover his costs for the month and give you unrestricted access. It would be used for off-peak browsing, emergency patches and steam activation only. And we only munched through a couple of hundred meg at the last lan. So we should be cooking with gas :)

Thanks

Dex

Deep Blue

The BOFH
Staff member
Right, got the USB card installed and working, might take some fiddling with the router's settings but we should be good to go :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom