BSoD Revenge

ZeroG

Comp crashed last night and I've been unable to get back into Windows. I just get the following Blue Screen Error on boot up.

STOP 0x0000007E (0xC000001D,0x8057E2F0,0xBACC70C0,0xBACC6DBC)

Once it also mentioned PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA but most times it doesn't mention anything but the STOP Error. Booting into safe mode doesn't work. The main things I can think of at the moment is reseating components and fiddling with RAM.

Any thoughts ?

ZeroG

Yeah I came across that article on a quick search this morning but the problem is if I can't get into Windows I can't try any of that stuff. I don't know why it would have anything to do with software anyway since I haven't changed any settings/Installed any new drivers recently.

Sakey

At first glance I think RAM as well

How many sticks do you have?

If it is more than one, Strip them out and try one at a time, see if you can get in to Windows.

After that I think Downloading the memtest bootable iso and running that is the next step.

ZeroG

I have 2 Corsair 1GB sticks in and they aren't el cheapo ones either. I can try taking 1 out and changing slots etc.

I think I have Memtest kicking about on a floppy somewhere but I will need to reconnect the floppy drive first. I am able to get into the bios.

Although I turned off quick boot so it runs through the memory and it detected 2gig fine. I'm just hoping it is the RAM that's faulty. I wonder if they are still under warranty...

Top Bottom