Domain name help

MadmaN

ok guys i owned a domain name and vps from 1and1.co.uk and can no longer pay for it so cancelled it all.. later decided i would like to keep the domain name and asked about it and was told i would have to wait 60 days before it back on the open market so to speak… so 60 days has been and gone and they still have it…

if you do a whois on the domain www.stewartowen.co.uk you will see that it says it will expire in october 2013 .

does that mean i will have to wait till then? or i should still have access to my domain? im confussed lol

Deep Blue

The BOFH
Staff member
Relevant dates:
Registered on: 11-Oct-2011
Renewal date: 11-Oct-2013
Last updated: 11-Feb-2012
When did you cancel it? Was it 11 Feb?
Usually with .co.uk's they charge you for 2 years in one go. I think you are going to have to call them as the domain should still belong to you. It's difficult to tell without more information on when you cancelled etc.
From here it looks like you still have it (and you should do as it is totally independent of web hosting)

MadmaN

email i got from them.

hank you for contacting us.

As we have checked the domain name, it has no registrar listed. It means that the domain name is not with us anymore. It is with NOMINET. If you wanted to keep the domain name, you need to contact NOMINET and get the domain name. Here are the info of your domain name:

Domain name:
stewartowen.co.uk

Registrant:
Stewart Owen

Registrant type:
UK Individual

Registrant's address:
The registrant is a non-trading individual who has opted to have their
address omitted from the WHOIS service.

Registrar:
No registrar listed. -----------------------------------------------------------this is the status

Relevant dates:
Registered on: 11-Oct-2011
Renewal date: 11-Oct-2013
Last updated: 11-Feb-2012

Registration status:
Registered until renewal date.

Name servers:
No name servers listed.

WHOIS lookup made at 07:55:43 24-Apr-2012

MadmaN

Hi Stewart,

Thank you for your email with regards to the stewartowen.co.uk domain name.

The domain name is currently DETAGGED, which means the registrar have disassociated themselves from the domain name.

When a domain name is DETAGGED all services (email, web site, hosting) associated with the domain name will cease. However, a DETAGGED domain name is still a valid registration.

If you would like to use your domain name you will need to find a registrar that can provide you with the services that you require. If you have not chosen a new registrar and you would like some advice on how to choose a registrar please visit our web site at http://www.nominet.org.uk/go/agent.
Once you have found a registrar you will need to restore your DETAGGED domain name. You can do this through your Nominet online services account at www.nominet.org.uk/go/login.
Once logged into your account:
• Click on ‘Registrar change’. Read the information and click next
• Add domain name to be changed and click next
• Search for the ‘tag’ or name of your new registrar, select and click next
• You will then be asked for your payment details, please note there is a fee of £10.00 + VAT for this process. Please note there is a fee of £10.00 + VAT for this process.
If you have any questions please contact me via email at kate.hilsdon@nominet.org.uk or call our Customer Services Department on 01865 332244.

Kind Regards

Skull

Thou Shalt Not Pass
Ok, so now you just need to re-create an account with a registrar then.

If you don't have any preferences already, I would reccomend UKReg (note, owned by fasthosts now). They are the registrar that both Dex and myself use for our domains, including the likes of the Breach and PK sites.

MadmaN

woops already chose a registrar - UK2

Change of registrar request
Dear Customer,

We would like to confirm that your request to change registrars is complete. The domain name(s) listed below have been moved to UK2NET (UK2NET) as requested:

stewartowen.co.uk

Your new registrar has been informed that the change is complete and they can now update name server information and renew the domain name(s) if applicable.
Please contact us if you have any questions.

So I have to call uk2 now?

MadmaN

DAM - I have just been ripped? i paid 6 quid for 2 years domain BUT to use redirect it has to be inside a frame with uk2 add on the top.. :eek: wtf? .. and if i want full webDiversion i have to pay and extra 20 quid for 2 years.

Skull

Thou Shalt Not Pass
Wait what?

What are you trying to do with it? If you're using it for hosting you just point the nameservers to the new hosts (generally these are ns1.domain ns2.domain where domain is the hosting provider - not the registrar)

MadmaN

what just using my domain to redirect to a about.me page but uk2 wanted extra cash to remove the frame it had… but all sorted now.. changed the name servers to a friends and he's done some magic and its working great now :D

Top Bottom