Ever(long)quest! (Laptop soundcard question)

Everlong

Once upon a time in a land just south of Brechin there lived a valient knight .....well, just next door to him lived a bald, podgy lad called Everlong who has a question regarding soundcards and laptops! Win i nin i n! :p

Hey all!

I'm about to buy a new laptop and was wondering if anyone could answer the following question:

Are laptop soundcards easy to fit?

I'm looking to use the laptop for a bit of recording/ editing but I'm guessing the on-board sound will be pretty flimsy. I'm not looking for something too expensive, just something to make using the lappy worth while.

Many thanks in advance for your input.

Cheers

Evers:D

p.s. Thanks again for all of your help the other week Dex, I've book marked the products you found and have been using them as a template for further deal-trawling! Really appreciate it dude. :D

Skull

Thou Shalt Not Pass
If you're wanting something good, and it's for desk use, I'd reccomend looking at something like the Asus Xonar U1
I
t's a USB sound card specifically for laptops.

I've had a xonar card in my machine for quite a while now, and I can fully reccomend it on quality alone.
As it's usb you shouldn't run into any of the issues of compatibility that can sometimes be an issue with these cards.

Hope that helps! :)

Now, lunch! :D

Everlong

Awesome! I'll get onto one of those once I get paid.

Thanks loads for the advice guys.

Cheers

Evers :D

MadmaN

Ive got the creative soundblaster X-fi Go Pro for my shuttle pc as the onboard sound was crap.

Top Bottom