i37 6th - 10th August 2009

ZeroG

Anyone else looking to go down to i37 this August ? I've been thinking about going and working out a budget I might spend on this one.

So far it looks to be roughly £300 for travel and accomodation. a little cheaper if I choose a morning flight coming back and a basic hostel room or a little more if coming back on an afternoon flight and a standard hostel room, also need to try and get a rough price for taxi fares if needed. This of course doesn't include any money spent while at the event.

Quite a lot of money but the last one was great fun. Early Bird discount shuts down on May 11th so would be good to book by then.

gemini

The Crude One
Staff member
Il be going as staff. If you want some lifts to supermarket and what not during the event then come find me.

Same goes for anyone on these boards who might find themselves in this situation.

Il usually be drinking from as soon as the bar opens so make sure its early morning :)

ZeroG

Thanks for the offer Gemini. I might just pick up a few things on the way in as at i36 I didn't really eat all that much, the facilities on site did me well (even if a little overpriced for some things).

Another thing I will need to look into is the cost for baggage on the flight as this seemed separate when looking on Flybe's site, I believe there was also a weight limit and my laptop is quite heavy. Insurance is another thing, we all know what airports are like for losing/damaging baggage.

gemini

The Crude One
Staff member
No worries mate.

I fly with FlyBe regularly (twice a week). They tend to be fairly strict with baggage weight allowance

Its a H&S thing, the employees who have to lift your bags and things about need their weight as low as possable. (or mabey its to save money :D)

You can take your laptop through security with no real difficulty, thats what I do.

DO NOT PUT YOUR LAPTOP IN AS HOLD BAGGAGE. They are course bastards who dont see other people belongings. They see two truckloads of bags that need to go from where they are to somewhere else. I dont suppose you can avoid it when your job is to shift that stuff back and forth for a living.

Carry it with you onto the plane.

And with no camping / sleeping gear to worry about (all covers and duvet provided by hostel) you shouldnt have too much of a worry keeping the weight down well below the limit when all you need to carry is 5 days clothes and your laptop stuff.

Please note the following rules and regulations regarding your baggage.
  • Hold baggage for Flybe Economy Plus passengers
    30kgs per person (excluding infants)
  • Hand baggage for Flybe Economy Plus passengers
    Maximum permitted dimensions = 50cm x 35cm x 23cm
    Max weight = 10kgs
    Plus 1 x laptop
  • Hold baggage for Economy passengers
    20kgs per person (excluding infants)
  • Hand baggage for Economy passengers
    Maximum permitted dimensions = 50cm x 35cm x 23cm
    Max weight = 10kgs in one bag.
When measuring your baggage and where appropriate please ensure that you include the bag's wheels. The maximum permissible weight for a single item of checked in baggage is 30kgs .

ZeroG

I will need to weigh my laptop as it's a heavy bugger and I'm not sure about the dimensions of it, will need to look that up too. I thought the flight was pretty cheap but when you add on the baggage and stuff it's coming out at about £100 at least.

Just have to watch out for that 1 employee, called OMLE I think ;)

Sinner

my cod4 clan just fell apart, chance of me attending i37 with a new clan, i might end up driving down and if i go i might be driving. ill keep this updated as soon as i know :D.

ZeroG

I got my ticket and accommodation booked and paid for ^_^ Just need to get around to booking the flight now.

MadmaN

You are going on your own? if i am not working by then i might go. but i think tickets will sell out by then.

ZeroG

I'm going down on my own yeah as I don't think anyone else from up here is going down, (apart from Gemini but he'll be a work slave this time :) ), but if anyone else is going down we could maybe sort out travel as I've not booked anything yet.

Tickets were almost pretty much sold out by the time early bird finished on 11th May, I think there may be less than 200 left or something, not sure if that covers people who've booked but not yet paid.

gemini

The Crude One
Staff member
When there are figures quoted such as "200 left" that means that there are 200 seats which have yet to be paid for.

Your booking doesnt mean squat until you can back it up with the cash.

ZeroG

When there are figures quoted such as "200 left" that means that there are 200 seats which have yet to be paid for.

Your booking doesnt mean squat until you can back it up with the cash.

I thought as much. So there's not really that many tickets left.

MadmaN

ahwell , think it will be i38 for me then. the next big breachlan trip down? with hostel room this time :D

Top Bottom