Killing Floor BreachLan Tournament:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dioxin

Killing Floor BreachLan Tournament:
I would like to propose a tourney for Killing Floor.
Just need to work on format:

So here are my suggestions:
Difficulty Setting:Suicidal
Measure of Success: Team Kill Count over the standard maps(need to submit screenshots of best final scores)
Team Size: MAX 4 (should make it easier to get more teams, teams of less are slightly hampered by lack of specimen to kill, but the stuff is easier to kill)
Perk Setting: Either self Levelled or mutator to Perk level 6
(we might need to go with Mutator as we may not have internet access to grant self levelled perks)

Prizes? huh would depend on whether we have an entrance fee, but I think we should do it more for the esteem :)

Xyphious

Agree on the level idea, the mutator for 5 or 6 would be excellent. I think trying to blast through at level 0 would be ubertarded.

A 4 man team will also mean we have to plan tactics, whose plays what perk etc. I think overall it will really add to the competative aspect

Wish i had some screengrabs of my kill ratios from the weekend :)

Xyphious

psh I would love to see my accuracy rating from the weekend :)

£25 for ammo on a suicidal wave :)

yeah i wish accuracy was a tracked stat, would be interesting to find out which weapons i'm weaker with, maybe you need to make a mutator :)

Dioxin

I need to work on a level 6 perk mutator and my BackPack idea first :)

Problem is the SDK needs an update :-(

Fearsome Foursome:
1. Dioxin
2. Xyphious
3.???
4.???

Maybe I should hold auditions or something :eek:

Deep Blue

The BOFH
Staff member
Count me in, I make a good meatshield :)

On another topic, if there is interest in this thread I'm sure we can arrange some sorta ZED killing competition ;)

Dioxin

I just had an awesome thought, if we limit it to 4 players we might be able to get a couple spectators in as well! bound to be a server setting somewhere to not allow late joiners.

Ok how about a format of free-choice of 3 of the official maps, submit high-scores via final screenshot (allows multiple attempts for a decent score) once the time-frame for first submission is complete top 2 team start up at the same time for a sudden death style face-off

ALTHOUGH if we drop team size down to 3 we could have BOTH teams on the same map :) which could be pretty epic! fighting for kills on the same map

Dioxin

Yeah I think the 3 man team idea has a lot of merit, also makes forming teams easier

Terrified Trio
1.Dioxin
2.Xyphious
3.Deep Blue

SocksFoHands

I could sign up for this but as a level 5 medic my strength isn't in my killcount. But give me an M79 and I'm still pretty lethal. ;)

Dioxin

we'll be off steam, so we'll have to use a level 6 perk mutator, and its going to be a TEAM kill count that matters, no individuals.

For the final though survivability might be REALLY useful

Xyphious

You land up being useless if a stalker (invisible bitch) or team mate gets in line of fire at the wrong time and at point blanc range then your pretty must brown bread mate :p

The other prob with the M79 is the smoke, if we're doing our usual camping spot it becomes a case of blind fire a whole clip through the smoke just incase if a round explodes too close to the door.

Great on more open maps tho :D

Dioxin

hmm... fire an M79 at a Fleshpound and you will know the meaning of pain when it doesnt die.... smoke + enraged FP = wipe

Same deal with Flamers as well, they have the tendency to enraged Fleshpounds and Scrakes and make it near impossible for everyone else to target them effectively....

A Sharpshooter with decent aim is far more effective than a self-inflicted flashbang :)

SocksFoHands

All valid points about the M79 but I don't use it like a complete nub. I sit at the back of the group anyway (as a medic) and only fire it when I see an opportunity to take out 3-5 soft targets at once rather than carpet shelling the area with smoke. If a stalker gets to close I whip out the MP7 and empty a mag in her face. Simple.

As for FPs and Skrakes I leave those to the sharpshooters and support people and heal them up after. I mainly function in a support role keeping people at full health while swatting away the soft targets so the stronger chars can put the real firepower on the big guys.

It's a great tactic when you have a half decent team where people know whet they're doing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom