Memory Management

coob

*looks disapprovingly*
Right, my RAM has been unstable for a whille now :/ getting the "memory management" BSOD quite frequently

After researching this and getting shitty remarks on other forums (i Dont believe "your mom is the problem" and "YoR RaM SUx Get 24gb wit sex radars" are considered answers) so i HAVE looked everywhere apart from here, so here it goes

Using MEMTEST causes errors to fly up quicker than i can press "ok"

Got new CPU and MOBO (phenom X4 black edition 965 and Asus Sabertooth 990FX)

Now my RAM is just as unstable, i have tried;

Changing RAM sticks round, confusing and unreliable results, will have to run again
Prime95 2 workers cut off because 0.5 was expected to be less than 0.4 within 10 seconds
Overclock, underclock, more voltage, less voltage, default ram timings, custom Ram timings the lot

Steps i am undertaking;

Swapped RAM with brother, this is to see if he has the same problem. so far, so stable
Running Prime95 with brothers RAM installed two workers stop working with the 0.5 was expected to be less than 0.4 within 20 minutes

Any help would be GREAT! thanks in advance guys

P.S This is a COMPLETE re-install of windows along with the new mobo and CPU all drivers DL'ed and installed on 30/10/2011

UPDATE; Running the RAM sticks in the same order as my brother had them, i have filled the memory on one RAM stick, and am testing the full second stick at the moment 16.3% coverage on the second stick no errors, going till 100% then swapping it out for the other stick. So far this looks good as since i have no money will have to run with the non faulty sticks of RAM for the time being.

gemini

The Crude One
Staff member
Sounds like you have been through all the correct steps and solved the problem.You have clearly identified the problem, bad RAM. You need to just replace it. Not entirely sure what help we can offer. And I'm afraid I havn't got any spare to go around at the minute.

coob

*looks disapprovingly*
AHhh thank you, first solid response i have had EVER jeez some people, anyway, have you got any idea why my RAM hasn't crashed in my brothers PC?

coob

*looks disapprovingly*
Righto, thank you mate, running 4Gigs atm with no problem, third shoves up 1000+ errors so :L new RAM

Amesy

Did you try running the PC on just 1 stick of RAM at a time? if one works take it out and stick the next one in? (I didn't fully read your post... I'm sorry) That's my first step when I suspect memory issues.

Top Bottom