Moving out to 0.0 space

gemini

The Crude One
Staff member
Many corps talk about it. Almost all have it set as a long term objective. However almost nobody ever does it. Nobody sets a committed timeline out where they will take the plunge and move out to 0.0 space. Many corps will remain in Empire space where the rats are meaningless and the roids close to worthless.

We, as individuals have all thought about it but are (rightly) put off by the fear of losses and being podkilled.

I though am not afraid, and would like to encourage everybody else to not fear the empty black void.

Therefore, I would like to put forward a motion. Whereby we not only set "Move out to 0.0 space" as a long term objective, but I also propose that we do this in May 2010.

That was about the time when I first moved out to 0.0 with my "other" corporation and I was suprisingly well prepared, as long as everybody obeys the rules, 0.0 is a far safer place to play the game than Empire.

There are a number of pro's and con's to this objective.

PRO'S

1) We have a clear long term objective which may increase active participation for the next year.

2) We hve a clear timeline of which to complete this objective. Thus, everybody has time to plan and prepare their characters.

3) We have plenty time to get everybody up to standard and systems of rules and discipline in place to make moving out to 0.0 a relatively painless experiance.

4) The riches to be made in 0.0 security space are vast. It makes Empire riches feel like small change.

i.e. A current mining op where we strip out a large belt will pay about 2.0 - 2.5 million ISK per participant. In 0.0 I can earn 1.5million isk per rat killed. 20million ISK an evening would be fairly low bounty.

5) This would require rapid expansion to build up our numbers. Rapid expansion is likely to create more management positions for existing Breachlan regulars / staff.

CON'S

1) The threat of increased risk may put current members off continuing to play

2) Our standards of discipline will have to increase. As will our levels of active participation in fleet operations. Basically, the game will become a lot more serious, right from the moment this becomes the objective.

This forum would also have to go dark for public eyes.

3) Greater risk of being ripped off in the short term due to rapid expansion.

What does everybody think of this?

Would you be keen to commit to a May 2010 date for moving out to 0.0?

Would this discourage you from playing in the short term, or would it encourage you?

I assure you though, I would not put this motion forward if I did not think that we could do it. We would definately require some more discipline and training, but we could do it.

A young corp, with young players in 0.0 will suffer at first. But is in the best position of all to make a lot of money and expand into a serious operation.

What do you think ?

Deep Blue

The BOFH
Staff member
I am 100% behind this, in the spirit of learning the game, I am aiming for hulks and then after than towards the orca and the roqual.

I think we could move sooner, we do need capable ships and capable pvp pilots as the corps survival will depend on them!

We do need to be ready and what the corp needs is a little danger :)

Forum going dark, not a problem!

gemini

The Crude One
Staff member
Just to clarify as I dont think I made it clear.

We would not be going out just as ourselves into our own little corner of nowhere. That would be suicide.

There are no NPC stations in 0.0 space. Everything out there is a Player Owned Station (POS) so going out ourselves would require us to buy a POS, find some system to anchor it and to then defend it. Given the small and inexperianced nature of our corp that would be impossable.

We would be joining up an alliance which is already present in 0.0. This will give us a solid backbone to work with and 0.0 experianced pilots to work with and most importantly secure territory to mine / defend.

Deep Blue

The BOFH
Staff member
I understand 100% with regard to the need of POS's

Been doing plenty of reading on them, it appeals to me alot :)

gemini

The Crude One
Staff member
Thats good to hear that both of you are up for it.

I know a number are still undecided about if they want to do Industrial or Combat. The large timescale should allow everybody time to settle in propperly and for us to declare war on a few people for some PvP Practice.

Sakey

When I come back I am happy to fall in to whatever role is needed. Due to new developments in RL that won't be until probably August at the earliest.

Top Bottom