new house new iSP new problems

sirflukesalot

SEND IN MORE CONSCRIPTS!
right just moved to my new house and got new internet from BT(i did nt get a say in this..the ISP part) and my connection keeps dropping out completely every 30mins aprox or so, when its connected its far better than what i had before(AOL...*shudder*) but i was wondering is it normal to drop out alot when its just been set up? any thoughts are welcome

Deep Blue

The BOFH
Staff member
There is a 10 day training period when your DSL is first activated, where the exchange is trying to find the maximum stable rate (msr) for your line. There will be some interruptions as your router attempts to sync and maintain high speeds to start off with. It is important to leave your router on for this period and to make sure you are not using any telephone extension leads between your router and the phone socket as these really kill speed. (I highly recommend homeplug if your PC cannot reach your router with an ethernet cable).

See what it's like after 10 days of new internet - it's not worth reporting till then, unless you have a noisy line or something :)

Top Bottom