ONE WEEK to GO!!!

gemini

The Crude One
Staff member
Im still not convinced.

Starcraft One had the BEST LAN option I have ever seen. The "Install Spawn" option.

You could only play on lan, and only with the person who spawned your copy as the host. This was an amazing idea that nobody else has used since and I cant see any reason for it.

Plus, I also heard that SCII will require net auth for single player. Not good enough in my oppinion and will not be buying it unless I am proved wrong on this.

Skull

Thou Shalt Not Pass
Starcraft One had the BEST LAN option I have ever seen. The "Install Spawn" option.

You could only play on lan, and only with the person who spawned your copy as the host. This was an amazing idea that nobody else has used since and I cant see any reason for it.

Even if I never actually got into playing this, I think this was a brilliant idea, one of blizzard's better ones, and I agree and think it's a shame no other people have not taken this and used it as well.

SocksFoHands

Im still not convinced.

Plus, I also heard that SCII will require net auth for single player. Not good enough in my oppinion and will not be buying it unless I am proved wrong on this.

Because it still essentially boils down to giving away the multiplayer game for free?

Don't get me wrong it's great for us the player and it's a great gesture for a dev to make to build up a lot of consumer goodwill, it's the sort of thing you only expect from valve or stardock these days. But from a puerly business standpoint it doesn't make a whole lot of sense.

These days Blizzard couldn't give a shit about consumer goodwill. Frankly they can make any old shite and it'll still walk out the stores. And even if it doesn't they're making too much money fron WoW to care.

I'm glad they made some sort of comprimise on the LAN issue because frankly I see myself caving and buying this game somewhere down the line. But I'm not gonna run out and buy it right off the bat. Given my situation right now it'll be easy for me to wait a year to buy this one.

But yeah... like Greg said, colour me unconvinced. Like pretty much all things with this much buildup it can't possibly live up to the hype. It would have to cure cancer and come with free pudding and BJ's.

Top Bottom