PC Issues.... (Again)

Castiana

Soon™
Hey all,

PC's having issue's again....

I switch the pc on, and it'll last between 2 seconds to 20 minutes. No POST, but it "sounds" like it POSTS, just no beeping/display. It does this whether there's a graphics card in it or not.

I've narrowed it down to my Chip (Intel Core2 Quad Q6600 (the energy efficient one)) or my board (Asus Rampage Extreme).

Does anyone have a Socket 775 board (DDR 3 pref) that i can borrow to test meh chip in?

Cheers,

Amadeus

if the fan is still spinning then it looks like your board if the power dies within a couple of cpu fan turns it will be the cpu.

nope my board is only ddr2 so can't help you there.

what you get with only board and cpu powered nothing else connected? (ie no ram either)

Castiana

Soon™
Same thing ama. Its completely dead. The fans spin up, then shut down, sometimes it'll last 5 min, sometimes its a few seconds, that's what makes me think its the board not teh chip.

Castiana

Soon™
Update:

Its failing on "Det DRAM". I'm guessin its the memory controller. The only question i have is this: On the Intel Core2 Quads, is the memory controller on the chip, like the AMD's, or is in on the board?

Castiana

Soon™
Update:

Its the power supply... After replacing the board and chip.... Ordered a new one, should arrive Friday ^^

Castiana

Soon™
Dave: It's a coolermaster something or other. The new one is a Zalman 1000W.

Ama: Aye i'll drop it off tonite or tommorow.

Top Bottom