Rock Band Returns - Revenge of the ROCK !!!!!

gemini

The Crude One
Staff member
28704523532446650728281.jpg
rock-band.gif
That's right, once again our Saturday night entertainment shall be provided by the wonder and the glory that is the BreachLAN Battle of the ROCK BAND.
The Rock Band competitions in the past have proven to be extremely successful and highly entertaining. With this in mind, we have decided to bring Rock Band back for another round at BreachLAN 22.
The competition will kick off at approximately 9pm on the Saturday evening, after pizza has been consumed.
The rules for this competition are very simple.
1) Each band must have a drummer, vocalist and at least one guitar player. Bands are encouraged to have a full roster of four people.
2) Each band must perform a minimum of two, and a maximum of three songs.
3) In true battle of the bands style, the winners will be judged based on the noise of the crowds cheering. Not by the scores of the game.
4) You are encouraged to put on a show. Costumes, themes and choice of song are all important but the winning band will be the one that rocks the hardest and put's on the best show.
5) It is expected that you pick your difficulties of instruments honestly.
6) The stage will open up about an hour before the competition begins to allow everyone to practice. You are allowed one practice song. This will be done with the volume low, lights dimmed and microphone off. For safety reasons, guests are not permitted on the stage at any other time without express permission from BreachLAN Staff.
7) Each song may only be played ONCE. Songs are given out strictly on a first come first served basis.
8) You ARE ALLOWED to bring in your own games to pick tracks from. So if you want to do a tribute act based on a rock band / guitar hero game you are quite welcome to do so. However, please consider rule nine closely.
9) To keep each bands performance moving smoothly, EACH BAND'S TRACKS MUST BE PICKED FROM THE SAME GAME Nothing breaks flow and spoils a show more than a five minute break between each track while the game discs are changed over while the band stands awkwardly waiting.
You are allowed to start putting together your bands now if you like. Signups will close just moments before the first band starts to perform. But one thing to consider is that in order to prevent the show being dull and the same songs being repeated loads of times by many different bands, each song will only be allowed to played once. And it's first come first served as to who get's what songs.
In order for this to happen however, we need your help collecting a few things for the performance.
Things we have arranged.
1) Big Sound System + Light Show (Thanks to gemini)
2) The Xbox360 + Games (Thanks to Niko)
3) The drumkit (Thanks to Niko)
4) Quality microphone + stands (Thanks to gemini)
Things we absolutely need in order for competition to work but do not have arranged yet.
1) Good quality guitars, both bass and lead.
Things that would be nice if we could get.
1) 2x floor mounted guitar stands
2) More televisions with yellow phono input. We are ESPECIALLY interested in talking to you if you have an old CRT TV somewhere that you wouldn't mind donating to BreachLAN. The more TV's we have the better we can make the stage look.
3) STAGE LASERS
If you are able to help by donating any equipment, then please get in contact with me as soon as possible. Your assistance will be greatly appreciated by everyone who enjoys the tournament.
Any questions, feel free to ask away.

gemini

The Crude One
Staff member
I'l kick things off.

Talented Vocalist looking for Band for Battle of the Bands competition.

Previous experience includes performing with Midnight Riders tribute act, and winning the BOTB at Breach20.

All offers considered.

Deep Blue

The BOFH
Staff member
I too wish to participate, I am a gifted axe man looking for compadres to help me slay the dragon, rescue the princess and praise the god of rock!

Piglet

Miss Bitch
Not sure if I wanna make a prat of myself again lol..........I do love to sing but my knowledge of the Rock Band track list is very limited hence my terrible renditions of Katrina and the Waves and Amy Winehouse lol

Bloodnok

Bass/Lead Guitarist looking for Band who isn't bothered about what I'll be dressed as (something tells me I'll be wearing it for the whole LAN...)

gemini

The Crude One
Staff member
We still need someone to volunteer us some guitars, and if anyone is an actual musician and is able to volunteer us some floor guitar stands, we'd greatly appreciate it.

Bloodnok

I can offer my guitar again

As a bonus, I have a Acer AL2671W LCD TV sitting doing nothing that could be useful to BreachLAN

gemini

The Crude One
Staff member
Thanks dave for the offer of the guitar, and oomska for the stand.

It's appreciated.

The last thing we need is a bass guitar. Can anyone help us out ?

oomska

Err, is it an actual bass guitar you need? Or just another "Rock Band" guitar?

I get confused easily

oomska

Guitar stand has been located and laid out. Thought I could help with a RB guitar but google tells me that the PS3 model is not cross compatible with the sexbox.

gemini

The Crude One
Staff member
Ooh. Thanks for the stand that's awesome.

If anyone can help us out with one more guitar and a stand, that would be the final set of stuff that we need :)

Top Bottom