Router kicking computer

Binky

Hey all,

Since I moved to Northampton I have been getting the problem that the router seems to kick my computer off the network periodically. No one else’s computer is effected by this and the connection the internet is still there but the router seems to have blocked my computer or the other way around. Restarting my computer doesn’t help so they only way I have found to deal with it is to restart the router which is a real pain as the router is in the landlords bedroom. When it screws up I can still hear people on mumble for about 10 seconds but they can’t hear me then the connection goes dead.

Any help would be appreciated.

Deep Blue

The BOFH
Staff member
Have you got another device to test it with? Is your laptop still on the go? If so does that still work after your computer is dropped? Are you using wired or wireless?

Binky

Havent tried that, ever since i made the mistake of giving Heather the laptop it sits on her lap with some dancing show on or worse, X factor. Sounds like a logcal place to start, guess heather can pause her things. Cheers.

Deep Blue

The BOFH
Staff member
infact... its better that she does use it cause when your connect drops out you could ask her if her internet is still working? Just a thought :) itmight be the wifi on the router freezing up for example?

Binky

The internet is still fine, the wireless on all the other devices still works and the other wired connection is still fine. Just my poor computer dropping out. :(

Top Bottom