The Good, The Bad, and the Fugly.

themast

Self Proclaimed God
I probably got home 1st out of everyone and wanted to start this right away.

Good
The big games were loads of fun.
TF2
L4D2
Artemis
The new equipment bought for lan.
Seeing everyone again. My last one was in November.
[snip - love Casti]. Should keep me going for a while.
Another brilliant event.

Bad
The snoring (i just cant take it anymore captain). Went home on friday night to sleep.

Fugly
My Farts :D

The Good

F1 2012 - some amazing action over the weekend, thanks to everyone involved
Gang Beasts - I was almost crying laughing at that game (and that was only watching)
Chivalry - Finally bought it on Saturday night and installed it, totally worth it... HEATHEN SCUM!!!
Commentating on sunday nights Prop Hunt - WTF, really you're going to hide a trash can there!?!?
Becoming part of the BreachLAN family - Thank you to all the staff for the warm welcome :)
The Welcome Info Letters - REALLY nice touch, definately do these again... I kept mine :)

The Bad

Ragequits at F1 - If you can't race well, please don't wreck others.
No team games at CS:Go - challenges were made but no games happened :(
Snoring in the backroom - Really, I've genuinely never heard anyone snore THAT loud...

The Ugly

DoD's farting - 'nuff said

All in all a really good LAN, some minor things I think we can do better but watch this space :)

sirflukesalot

SEND IN MORE CONSCRIPTS!
THE Good:
how animated Friday night was, that's usually the calmest night of the prev lans
Gang beasts-that was hilarious
THIS-'nuff said
food all present and correct
how comfy my bed was in the morning
more faces i haven't seen before :)

The bad:
how comfy my bed was in the morning

The ugly;
as usual DOD and his farts

T

trkevig

The Good
My 7th Breach and still they get better and better. Best one yet.
The Welcome letters looked amazing and helped me a lot with the weekend.
Organised Games - i only missed one (artemis) but looked forward to each one.
F1 2012 - was that 12 people in one race ????? Sweet. Starting to get a following now.
GOT - thanks Casti
HUGE fish supper
My BreachLAN official tshirt

The Bad
Snoring.. i mean who snores like that lol
having to pack up

The ugly
nothing

Cant wait for August... 94 days to go lol

Thanks to all the Staff for making this another awesome event.

Niko

Good:
  • Lots of big games - I think 2 games for each (full) day is the right number. There's enough downtime to do your own thing without worrying about missing anything, but there's still enough organised games to make the event a blast.
  • Timetable for big games - nice to know when they're happening so we can plan around them.
  • Artemis was a blast as always.
  • TF2 was good fun, and Typhoon's commentary was fun to listen to (especially during prop hunt).
  • Gang Beasts - fun to play and hilarious to watch. Might be worth having a (somewhat) organised game of it at a future LAN on the big screen, passing controllers and heckling each other for being terrible.
  • I didn't have any network issues at all.
Bad:
  • Not enough space between rows - we spent a lot of time sitting in really uncomfortable positions to try and give people enough space to get past us.
  • Admiral Spykydude - he should be court marshalled after turning our ship into radioactive dust.

grogers126

Sniper
THE GOOD

• Organisation. cant believe how organised we all were.
  • Good to see all the regular faces and even some more new ones.
  • Typhoon welcome to the family now get the kettle on.
  • Think we have found the balance for big games and down time.
  • Gang beasts - love this game and definetly we will do something with this on future events.
  • Seeing you guys with your BreachLAN tshirts.
  • Lots of games on the go.
  • Sakey welcome back dude
THE BAD
  • Space between the rows i think we will pay more attention to this in future events.
  • Switch breaking but super dex was on the case.
  • My ARSE (enough said)
  • Dishes dishes dishes this matter will be dealt with accordingly.
all in all i think the event was a great success and went really well. There were a few minor things for the staff to work on but they will be addressed accordingly.
Again We the STAFF would like to thank everyone in the BreachLAN community for there continued support. Without you guys we wouldent be able to host 4 spectacular events each year and as the time passes by we just seem to be growing from event to event
THANK YOU ALL

mintR

I Stream Things
Good:
  • The touch with the A4 paper on arrival, little things like this make it that much better.
  • Organised games with pre-scheduled times.
  • Overall Atmosphere was great.
  • Winning F1 2012 (Thanks Turbo Doozer for the assassination on Kev on the last lap lol)
Bad:
  • Asking to get a CS:GO game on Saturday morning organised in-between the big games and it not coming to anything.
Suggestions:
  • Referral discount? - Maybe getting £5 off your next LAN ticket if you bring a player along?
  • BreachLAN LAN Yards with a personalised badge (For season ticket owners)
  • Organising some competitive gaming with prizes, this seems like a must to bring to breachLAN especially with the recruitment of Typhoon as Caster.
  • Phasing out of old games and moving into updated version of the game/ new games entirely - Dependant on dedicated servers or player run servers.

gimpchimp

Not much to add, really. Thoroughly enjoyable. I echo the sentiments regarding space between the rows. It could do with being about six inches wider (said the actress to the bishop) which shouldn't impact too wildly on the sleeping arrangements.

Overall, it was well paced (aside from the game of Risk until 4 in the morning but I'd willingly repeat that) and very enjoyable. I'm going to have to see if I can get wiggle room in my rota for August and November - we'll see what happens!

gimpchimp

Tried to edit but Firefox wouldn't show the post in the Edit function - prior to BreachLAN we had ScotLAN and we did have some competitive gaming there but I think it kinda went against the spirit of what we're trying to do here. There are a couple of people who are very good at their chosen genres and I think that it would result in them winning practically every competition in every LAN. I would suggest we keep it to friendly competition.

Also fairly sure most of the prizes came out of the staff's pockets or were donated.

mintR

I Stream Things
Just because some players Might be better than others, I don't consider that a reason to say no to competitiveness. I seem to do perfectly fine in F1 games when playing against players who only ever play racing games.

I don't agree with your comment.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

Knottyboy

Just because some players Might be better than others, I don't consider that a reason to say no to competitiveness. I seem to do perfectly fine in F1 games when playing against players who only ever play racing games.

I don't agree with your comment.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

Not many people want to face you at FPS mintr :p it can be quite frustrating

Carjriak

The Good:
Gang Beasts really brought a crowd round my computer, hilarious to play has to become a thing at LAN.
The big games were enough to get enjoyment but not so many it restricted our time to just those.
Getting an official BreachLAN t-shirt
No blue screens! Yay new PC

The Bad:
Row spacing, just a little more and it would have been fine
Getting wrecked at Risk, first to be put out

The Ugly:
Dods farts

gemini

The Crude One
Staff member
Good.
I'm so glad to see some more new games come in. I have a plan to try and help continue this.
Pizza as ever. Great job. Ashvale looked much better this time too.
New staff member. Finally should let me focus more on what I want to be doing to help.

Bad
MintR's CSGO. So sorry this never came to fruition. I'l make a point of doing it with you next time.

Ugly
Plumbing problems. Don't know the full story but it won't be happening again. I just hate that it's coming down to staff treating all customers like children because of one or two who refuse to tow the line. And every day I think about it I'm looking for another way out but I can't see another solution that doesn't involve signs and posters saying the bloody obvious, or locking things away inconveniencing most because of the one or two who refuse to do their own dishes.

Top Bottom