Weekly D&D/Board Games

DictaTyr

So, I've spoken to the owner of Asylum and I brought up the question of if there were any weekly gatherings for board games and so on and he mentioned that he used to have them but they died out and asked if I'd be interested in starting one up, so here's some details:

Every Sunday (excluding ones where not a lot of people are available, ie LAN time) from 1pm until 5pm at Aslyum on Adelphi Lane where we shall play board games and Dungeons and Dragons, with D&D as the priority. What I'll likely be doing is doing a D&D adventure that will run for 1 or 2 sessions and then the following session shall be a board game break.

Anyone interested in coming along on the weekly basis?

P.S. I'll also need to think of a name for the group :p

Castiana

Soon™
I fully support and/or endorse this idea.

Unfortunately, I'm normally working on things on Sundays :(

DictaTyr

It's easy enough to pick up if there's someone experienced either in the party or DMing. As I'll be DMing I'll be finding an easy adventure for starting out then slowly increasing the difficulty as you get more accustomed to the system whilst providing tips as well (mostly leaving the decisions to yourself but letting you know that running into a room full of orcs with crossbows isn't going to end well for you sorta thing).

ZeroG

It's easy enough to pick up if there's someone experienced either in the party or DMing. As I'll be DMing I'll be finding an easy adventure for starting out then slowly increasing the difficulty as you get more accustomed to the system whilst providing tips as well (mostly leaving the decisions to yourself but letting you know that running into a room full of orcs with crossbows isn't going to end well for you sorta thing).

Works well enough for me in Orcs Must Die :p

DictaTyr

Rightio, few people interested, both here and from my gaming circles elsewhere so I'll get in touch with the owner and see about setting things up along with a couple of posters being put up in his shop and at Forbidden Planet. Likely going to have the first week as character creation, introductions with each other and finish off with boardgames for a D&D start the following week. Thinking 2 weeks on Sunday for starting.

coob

*looks disapprovingly*
I would totally be up for this sporadically, I tend to be home (turriff) most Sundays but I could totally make a few in a row!

DictaTyr

He is the most wizardly of wizards, except for those wizards who wizard more wizardly. Also, the party tends to like breaking prisoners' legs, and also pulling down their pants so the Ranger's wolf can have it's way.... I've unleashed monsters.

ZeroG

I have nothing to do with that mad ranger or the leg breaking orcbarian. I just kill lots of stuff.

DictaTyr

Guilty by association! Also, you haven't killed -that- many things yet, but the opportunity shall no doubt arise in the future. Just remember that there are more ways to deal with situations than just with violence.

coob

*looks disapprovingly*
Haha, sounds awesome. Is there any open slots? I didn't realise you went ahead with this :D

DictaTyr

Currently got 7 people with a possible 8th. There is certainly a slot open and if too many people are regular then I'll have to get a 2nd DM and split the group in two (which isn't such a bad thing!).

Top Bottom