Xbox 360 PC Project

Bloodnok

Well the shit has hit the fan with my bro's 360 as the gfx chip is fried and is not worth getting repaired (themal paste on both chips have air bubbles :eek:). The console has been given to me for a wee project to do.

I am going to try and put this kit into it and see how it goes(not all parts will go in but may have a use elsewhere).

I have been using this website as reference.

Pics will follow once parts arrive and I get my finger out :p

Deep Blue

The BOFH
Staff member
Looks quite interesting, I just had a read of the project website that you posted. At first I thought you would try and resurrect the dead 360 :)

Bloodnok

I would off but finding that the gfx chip had fried which is the rarer causes of "red ring of death" for the early models and a sod to fix.

Deep Blue

The BOFH
Staff member
I have one of those 175watt elites, they are on the new 45nm process and should be reliable or so I hear :)

MadmaN

if you never opend it . you could have done what my dad did to my bro's xbox! said it had the 3 red ring of death and then fried the whole xbox by puting power up the usb and the other ports lol, in the end the xbox would not boot. sent it away and got a replacement back within a week or so lol.

Bloodnok

A wee update, found bits and peices required at the tip at Banchory which included laptops (minus cpu , ram etc) and took the fans from them. Only 1 was 12v but that got blown up when I was testing it and found it was blowing air the wrong way (whoops).

Bloodnok

Im putting this project on hold atm (holiday) and the fact I keep getting side track by taking working pcs from the banchory tip :p

Not the first Dell nor the last either I taken (Bro got that one...)

Dell Dimension 8400

http://reviews.cnet.co.uk/desktops/0,39029979,39188932,00.htm

Note: no sata hard drives inside :(

3DMark06 score: 192 WTF!!!:eek: Blames ATI Radeon X300 :mad:

The other was a Dell Dimension 8100 with a CreativeAudigy 2 but that is going back in bits as it wouldn't boot (issues wtih ram, then "other" accroding the ABCD code on the back).

So anyone needs a pc/part (the 8400 is mine atm), I will look into it.

Top Bottom