Air Buccaneers HD

Deep Blue

The BOFH
Staff member
You heard my folks, the staple of BreachLAN's early days has returned as a standalone game. It's currently in Alpha and is free to play.

Edit: the 10,000XP challenge is still live and gives you 14 days from first log in to acquire 10,000XP. When you achieve this you get a free copy of the game! I am 10% toward mine from one evening's play time of an hour or so! :) Get involved and do not delay to get a free copy!

Now I know there will be a lot of nay-saying and this will probably start a bit of a flame war so here goes.

You play as Buccaneers or Vikings and fly around with hot air balloons armed with cannons. The combat demands seamless teamwork and co-operation. This isn’t your basic run-and-gun FPS game: The cannons need to be loaded, aimed and ignited, the airships are hard to steer and the winds are fickle. The goal of the game is to take down enemy airships or to dominate a marked point in the map instead of killing other players.

There is absolutely no excuse to not have a go at this game as it has provided us all with many hours of fond memories crying "YAAAAAR" whilst boarding enemy air ships!

Without further ado, head on over to the site to check it out :)

Deep Blue

The BOFH
Staff member
All I can say is that, this is officially a good fun game as a few of us had a bash on it tonight :) It's currently free to play all you need to do is sign up for an account :) It's a 200 meg download, so not beyond most of our internet connections too!

Deep Blue

The BOFH
Staff member
It's a little rough around the edges, but its a perfectly playable alpha. Plus I think it's less buggy than it's UTmod parent! :)

Deep Blue

The BOFH
Staff member
Server is up, look for it in the list, it's called BreachLAN :)

Please report any performance issues to myself or Skull as we might need to turn up the speed knob a tad on the box that's hosting it :)

Skull

Thou Shalt Not Pass
However when I found out about the 10k XP challenge for free game - #winning! (see original post)

Deep Blue

The BOFH
Staff member
Guys as per Dave's link above this is the perfect chance to pick up a fantastic indie game for next to nothing! We will be playing this again at the next LAN :)

Top Bottom