Amnesia: The Dark Descent

Amesy

Has anyone played this yet?
I downloaded the demo last night and only got about 5 minutes worth in before bed. I'm impressed so far. It would seem as though you don't have any weapons throughout the whole game. It's a Horror survival type and all you are armed with is a Run button.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/57300/

Graphics aren't up to much but then I think there developer isn't one I've heard of and is probably a really low budget thing. It's also in Yahtze's top 5 games of 2010 :cool:

Madfanta

yeh your telling me ive jumped out my skin quite a few times now with things slamming and gatherers(ghosts) jumping out at you.
P.S-if you play through the game you will know what gatherers are :eek:

Piglet

Miss Bitch
I also have, or had this demo I cant remember, but I thought it looked pretty awesome......scary stuffs.....quite fancy it myself :)

ZeroG

Just to point out that I've not yet played it :) How much scarier is it then FEAR/Dead space ?

Amesy

Different kind of scary. FEAR and Dead Space just make you jump. This actually make you feel fear. Heart thumping, Pulse quickening, Shaky legs, dry throat. etc. However the demo only gives you a little taster so not huge amounts in that. Only in the full game.

Piglet

Miss Bitch
Did anybody ever buy this game and is it any good? I'm still kinda interested after having a quick whizz on the demo.

Amesy

This game is fucking terrifying.
KILL IT WITH FIRE.
What he said.
I play about 10-15 minutes then have to give it a rest for a few days before going back to it just to give my nerves and thudding heart a break.

coob

*looks disapprovingly*
this is the most scary game IN DA WORLD! honest me and my friend (who should be coming to the next breachlan) have got oh, id say halfway through in like 3 months.

Brilliant fun to play over Skype so if anyone feels like playing :p

Deep Blue

The BOFH
Staff member
Hey Coob :)

Welcome to Breach and your first post!

We have a voice server if you wish to join it and get involved with a spot of impromptu social gaming? :)

I have the demo of this installed, probably going to give it a whizz this weekend.... fresh underwear on standby :D

coob

*looks disapprovingly*
Lol Thanks people, but does anyone have skype? (or is that taboo here :p) cant wait for this LAN event, been practising speed runs on L4D2 with my friend! (20 minutes dead centre with 2 comms)

Top Bottom