An update on the status of BreachLAN

Sakey

This is going to be a reasonably long and honest post regarding the LAN and the running of. Please exscuse any rambling that may occur.

BreachLAN as it stands is run by a group of friends as a non profit organisation. We make no money out of this and don't really have the money to under write events, relying on people paying to cover costs. Any spare money we have is thrown back in to the LAN.

Due to this and the lack of payments for BL11, we are going to have to cancle the LAN. I am sorry about this and everyone will be entitled to a refund.

The reason for this and the problem at the same time is the fact we can't under write the LANs. We can't afford to say "Yes the LAN will go ahead no matter what" which makes people reluctant to pay until they know the LAN is going a head. A catch 22 situation. We have a handful of dedicated people who pay early to try and get the LAN running but unfortunatly there isn't enough to make that happen.

So where do we go from here?

Well we can continue the way we have been, running LANs as and when the numbers allow, pissing off customers and suppliers when we have to cancle last minute. I, however, do not feel that is the way to go.

The fact of the matter is that we will be relaunching with a new venture. It will still be BreachLAN but as a business, the LANs underwritten giving people the confidence to pay early, take advantage of the offers that we put out.

We are currently looking at new venues. Venues with better facilites such as broadband and showers.

The bad news to punters is that with better venues comes the possibility of a price rise to cover mounting costs. Also as this will be a business we do need to look at making a profit (for the business. Staff will still make no money off this venture).

Other new things we plan on adding are a tuck shop, raffle and more non-computer activities (Possibly a quiz, things like that). We plan on running better tournaments (though still not prize winning) and out-of-LAN activites to keep people interested between events.

To finish up here, I hope the open and honest nature of this post along with the information about future events will help to renew some of the confidence that has surely been lost by the non events we have had in the past.

I look forward to future LANs with the hope of seeing all of you there and BreachLAN moving further forward.

Thanks.

p.s please excuse any bad spelling. This was written late at night and without the aid of a spell checker :p

PseudoPhreak

Captain Hammer!!
finding it a bit odd that no one has replied to this considering it has announced that this LAN has been cancelled...

gemini

The Crude One
Staff member
Theres nothing really to say.

IT's a big dissapointment yes. But after a bit of refocusing we will emerge stronger.

Breachlan still has my total support and I will do my damndest to ensure it survives and thrives.

MadmaN

Theres nothing really to say.

IT's a big dissapointment yes. But after a bit of refocusing we will emerge stronger.

Breachlan still has my total support and I will do my damndest to ensure it survives and thrives.

Count me in to :)

Xyphious

Awww thats a damn shame, was looking forward to my first BL event too.

I know i'm a relative newbie here and as such no one knows me but if you need help with any of the business side stuff feel free to drop me a message. I've got alot of free time on my hands and would rather enjoy helping you get this venture off the ground

If not, then i guess i'll see you at the next event! Best of luck to all involved

gimpchimp

Ah crap, I paid before realising this had happened.

I'm more than willing to pay an increased cost if it means that the only decent-sized LAN event in this neck of the woods continues. I'd hate to see it go the way of ScotLAN.

Bloodnok

Yea, this should have stayed front page news since it was announced but at least you showed your support

Top Bottom