Anyone got any idea how to dismantle headphones?

Eklipze3k

I dropped mine the other day and now I get nothing in my right ear, the mic still works though and they're really comfy I don't want to get rid if there's anway to fix them. They're Plantronics Audio 370 btw.

I can see a total of 3 screw - 1 on the inside of each of the legs, which allows access to the elastic strap mounts, the other is on the back of the mic boom but is so close the earphone there's no way to get a screwdriver anywhere near it. I'm presuming I've just knocked out a little bit of solder somewhere so should be able to fix it relatively easily, if I could just get into the damn things :(

coob

*looks disapprovingly*
Usually, headphones are either screwed together or heat treated, the latter is on most headsets now... see if you can find a "seal" kinda like the one that runs down the centre of a milk carton, if thats the case you might have to break the seal, rendering them usless. Or if your lucky you will be able to find more screws...

Looking at some google images can you de-tach the mic? there might be a screw under there...

Top Bottom