Battlefield 1942 is now Free...

Bloodnok

Looks like there are no servers online however you can still host a game on a LAN.

Found out that the origin version of the game is running version 1.612. That patch isn't out for the retail copy of the game.

However, looking at the game files, DedicatedServer.exe is there.

I'm going to find out if my server requires its Origin account before it can run it...

Update: Server does not need its own origin account.

T

trkevig

i was rather excited about this, but the gfx are really dated and i dont remember them being as bad as that lol

Bloodnok

During the last LAN, this game got a mention so:

https://www.origin.com/en-gb/store/buy/battlefield-1942/pc-download/base-game/play-for-free-ANW.html

iy1sEua.gif

.AC.

The problem: There is no reason to play 1942, since anyone that's a serious fan of the game is likely to own one of the sequels, which matches or extends upon the gameplay of 1942. Nostalgia is the main reason for downloading, and when it soothes that part of the brain, you're left with a bitter sweet taste and a question mark now appears next to the statement "one of my favourite games when I was younger" when the inevitable comparison of more modern games is made.

Special offer: AC now offers free pessimism with every glimmer of hope.

sirflukesalot

SEND IN MORE CONSCRIPTS!
The problem: There is no reason to play 1942, since anyone that's a serious fan of the game is likely to own one of the sequels, which matches or extends upon the gameplay of 1942. Nostalgia is the main reason for downloading, and when it soothes that part of the brain, you're left with a bitter sweet taste and a question mark now appears next to the statement "one of my favourite games when I was younger" when the inevitable comparison of more modern games is made.

Special offer: AC now offers free pessimism with every glimmer of hope.
Its old and free making it a really good potential lan game as the dedicated server files are already in the game to begin with

Top Bottom