BreachLAN #10 Feedback

Status
Not open for further replies.

Castiana

Soon™
Hello all,

Could you post any feedback, ideas, tips, etc. in this thread.

Remember, your feedback helps us improve the event for you!

Thanks for attending Breach #10! Hope to see you all at Breach #11!

Cheers,

- The BreachLAN Admin Team

Sweeper128

Food on sale. I didn't know when you guys went on Tesco raids and I was getting quite hungry, and was lucky enough to find someone willing to sell Microwaveable Burgers... and order Pizza.

Jolt is awesome though, but tis not edible.

MadmaN

Ok overall the lan was awsome as per usual . I enjoyed the cod4, ut2k4 and the fun taking the piss out of each other on amergetron lol.

and yes if food was availble then i would buy from you guys. let me know if you need help with it.

no raffle this time round? hopefully the next LAN we will have something to raffle...but it's not important.

anyway awsome LAN! see you guys at BreachLAN #11 :) ... and yes i would love a Dundee based breachLAN :) if you guys need help finding somewhere for us i could help with that to.

PseudoPhreak

Captain Hammer!!
was great to see a load of new faces, get bored of the same old ones :p

didnt really like COD4 being played so much, but thats more because i dislike the game in multiplayer, although i did have a bash at it to join in with everyone.

Silly glitches in TF2 and L4D. Think the TF2 one was a problem with the Ded server as when someone locally hosted it was fine. L4D i think was jsut a problem on the network for some reason.

Savage was fun as usual, sucks the Savage 2 didnt run properly either :S Maybe by the next lan it will be patched.....I have however found a community update for Savage 1 that apparently makes it even better!

Negator

First of all i should point out that i did enjoy my weekend at the lan :). But might aswell put forward some opinions since it is being asked of us.
  • Some more structured team games would have been fun, a lot of the time it seemed like nobody really knew what to play and if a game did get started the numbers were too low initially to really keep it going for any decent amount of time.
  • A white sheet or screen to go on the wall if a projector is being used, while only a small hinderance.. having the lines of the brick wall is a little distracting with some games :)
  • A basic internet connection if one could be set up for the xbox due to games not allowing some content without checking it on live first. Making sure of course that nobody is actually playing the console online, just merely giving it the connection in order to allow all the content to be available.
As for some games being more popular i suppose thats just a problem that will never go as back in the day counter-strike dominated playtime at the lans.

Sweeper128

• A basic internet connection if one could be set up for the xbox due to games not allowing some content without checking it on live first. Making sure of course that nobody is actually playing the console online, just merely giving it the connection in order to allow all the content to be available.
Seconded. I was annoyed that Valve wouldn't allow payload weapons in TF2, without being connected to the servers. Saying that though, the amount of Bandwidth being used there may be worrying. (Or not, but the service would be very slow.)

MadmaN

i think i could have an broadband internet connection for us by next lan. once i have baught something very soon! and i arrive to the next lan early i should have one for starting time.

Sakey

Ok the last post was from my phone so exscuse the awkwardness of it.

I feel that being open here will be easier.

We are trying to work with the Hall to get Event Broadband (Actual DSL) at present. There are some complications but we are hoping that by the next LAN we will have this arranged and proper broadband for the event.

Unfortunatly there is no more I can tell you at the moment but I will endevour to keep everyone informed.

believe me, DSL would make OUR lives so much easier, not just yours ;)

itsmyyard

You guys always choose the LANs when ive got coursework due in the day after! lol

Sounds like you actually got a decent amount of people for once which is good. Just a shame right now I cant book in advance (Uni, family etc). One suggestion I do have though, is if you still have the raffle that was there when I went yonks and yonks ago, then perhaps change it to a gameshow of somesort. There's some great games for the PC that could be used to give out prizes, and could be edited to suit your needs. One game is "Press Your Luck". I think it would make a good edition for late nights.

Skull

Thou Shalt Not Pass
Was a brilliant LAN, especially as it was my first :D
Only things would be to test with the tf2 and l4d (maybe even press tab on that one :p) servers before the lan to make sure that they are working fine, and have the bugs ironed out, although it may just be a valve problem...
but apart from that, i thought it was amazing
Cheers Guys!!

Olap

aye, the lack of a big team game and tournaments was a bit missing, but the lack of people wanting to do them in past events says it all really, we need everyone in to make them really work. Excellent technical stuff as always, no power or network outages :D steam problems as usual, pizza order went really well :)

Excellent to see not just old faces but new ones to fuel the fragging and bring on the next one, late summer hopefully for a bbq saturday night, then hopefully bf 1943 :D!!!

Dac

Hey all.

That was my first time at Breach and I've gotta say I had a great time.

Cheers for being nice to Breach newbies such as myself and thanks for the laughs, hopefully see you at the next one!

-Dac

Deep Blue

The BOFH
Staff member
Really pleased everyone had a good time, I saw lots of interaction between all of the guys :)

Good to see spontaneous games springing up, Air Buccaneers was excellent as always!

If you guys would like to see some small scale competitions etc then this can be arranged.

I never thought I'd end up playing CoD4 multiplayer, but it's actually pretty good! Last Stand for the win :D

Steam is indeed a pain in the arse, hopefully number 11 will see the introduction of a real DSL connection, but no promises there! :)

Sinner

first time at breach, i had a blast. nice bunch of guys there.

again as above ... more team games would have been nice.

the idea of game tourneys is class ... bragging rights or maybe a small prize? cookie?

people being wayyy to loud when sleep was needed was a bit annoying. and people not staying awake on friday sucked :p

also why did no one want to come to the park with me? hahaha

cheers for a great weekend guys

Deep Blue

The BOFH
Staff member
Welcome to the Board Sinner :)

As always its a fine balance, just be glad you didn't have to endure people screaming till 5am playing Pro-ball ;)

Glad you had a good time mate, dates for #11 will be announced shortly :)

MadmaN

the noise is normal tbh you learn to make do with it. afterall it's only for a weekend!

q3 pro-ball is usualy the sunday and gets VERY noisy lol

it's best to try ballance your sleep out. being tired the whole lan is not nice.

ZeroG

I used to do that at lans but in the early hours when most people are asleep it gets really boring.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom