BreachLAN #16 Feedback - The Good, The Bad, The Ugly.

Castiana

Soon™
Well ladies and gents. That's BreachLAN #16 over. Thank's for attending!

Please post any feedback you have here!

panda_sam

The Good:

instagib double dom
net access
home baked goods @ the tuck shop (thanks munckin)
copious amounts of energy drinks
staff being very helpful with getting my games working (wuv you guys)
team fortress 2

The Bad:

mountain dew sold out really quick :<
bruises on my hips from the hall floor :<
very very cold in the hall, even after the heating had been on a while it cooled down quite fast

The Ugly:

the power cut. poor dave

Deep Blue

The BOFH
Staff member
The Good:

Plenty of new faces
Awesome frag movies
Good tunes

The Bad:

Air bed pump and pizza hustlers lol :p

No ugly, power was down to the Hydro board as always as the entire area was out and it was restored pretty quick regardless :)

Bloodnok

The Good

New Hall did the job

New Faces

Frag Films & Movie on projector (shame about the lack of frag films)

Left 4 Dead 1 & 2 were playable!

DEFCON Tournament was the Bee's Knees!

The Bad

Power loss (it happens...)

Yee Haa should only be played during a 72hr LAN (lost a lot of game time)

StarCraft 2 Tournament was too long

TF2 unlocks for some players, not all... (the joys of valve)

Internet being abused (Youtube, CSS Slide Maps)

The Ugly

Sleeping area was a joke on the 1st night (Music was still being played @ 4am, Hall door was not shut(could hear everything))

That poor poor toilet...

CorteX

The good:

The seats didn't suck.
Starcraft II
Slide :p
Technobear
CoD 4
Pizza
Yeehaa was just epic lulz.

The Bad:

I ran out of HDD space from abusing Castiana over DC++
Should have brought warmer stuff to wear.
My keyboard basically died over the course of the weekend.
No showers.

Madfanta

The Good:
Got to know some new people
10mb Internet access
Use of the projectors
Tuckshop

The Bad:
Temperature-i was mostly freezing when i was up then i was baking in the morning due to the fact of the heating being on for too long (couldnt get a balance)
Power Cut (Blame entirely on hydro electric)
In the middle of nowhere (literally)

Personally i prefer the scout hall:
The insulation seems to be much better
There is shops round there meaning you can go for a wander if you like(Also a mcdonalds, a chipper and a chinese.
Their is not really any regulations as such on going outside at the other hall i.e i brought homemade smoke bombs to set off and madman brought chinese lanterns aswell but we weren't allowed to use them at the scouthall fireworks were permitted and chinese lanterns.
It might have been because i was at the back but the music was low also compared to the scout hall normally its quite loud and it builds up a good atmosphere even though it gets turned off early.
Also their is the fact people have been going to the scout hall for more than a decade now im not speaking on behalf of myself because ive only been to 3 all together but even to me it just didnt feel like Breachlan.

I know i am sounding like a bit of dick about the new hall but i know you guys want honest feedback and thats my honest opinion

PS-Dave you lost more gaming time than anyone in yeehah due to the fact that you drank weegi piss and jagermeister mixed XD

Blackice

The Good
LAN so close to home
Free
Comfy toilet seats
Comfy seats at desk
Internet
SCII
Projectors
Musak
Meeting all these new people, and people have talked to online before but not met.
Late night lulz
Only missing 1 hour on Friday night and 1 then another 2 hours on Sat night/sunmornind on the LAN

The Bad
Panda_Sam buying and then drinking all the Mountain Dew before I could get some
Power going off just before I owned Dave and Will (honest)
Internet being off on Fridaynight/SatMorning
Nothing to do in local area, would of been nice if there was a shop or something near by that I could donder to for some away from comp time

The Ugly
Wooden floor not good for sleeping on, after 2 hours my whole side was numb.
No showers :'(

Notes:
Thought music could of been louder during day/evening, maybe with a bit more public/open way for us to choose the tunes that where on e.t.c

Really like the frag movies and trailers that where playing, but it got a bit boring and repetitive having the same tunes/voiceovers playing from them all the time, maybe turn sound waaay down or even off for them :S

Maybe instead of having the walkway down one side of the room, have it going down the middle? This way the people on the ends of the rows don't end up having to walk around so many people, also sort of bring it all together a bit more I think :S

Top Bottom