BreachLAN 17 - ESSENTIAL ADVICE

gemini

The Crude One
Staff member
In this thread, post your advice to fellow LANners about what you can do to make surviving the LAN that bit easier.

Official BreachLAN Advice

1) PLAN AHEAD - For BreachLAN 17 we will NOT be running a tuck shop at the event. Therefore, PLAN what food and drink you want to take to the event beforehand. Make sure you can store it safely without a fridge and can prepare it in the microwave / kettle provided.

2) Take Cash. There isn't a cashpoint nearby, and we can't emphasize this enough. We will be doing food deliveries (Pizza, Chinese / BBQ) and in order to take part, you have to be able to pay for the facilities. The best way to do this, least hassle, is to have CASH.

3) Take propper sleeping equipment. Take a propper Air Mattress and sleeping bag. Several changes of clothes are also advisable as this is a 72hr LAN, a change of clothes is very strongly advised.

4) If you are a light sleeper, take earplugs.

5) Do sleep. You will feel better as a result.

6) Try to eat and drink as best you can. Eating proper nutricious meals and drinking at least some water will keep your energy levels higher, stamina higher, alertness higher and number two's nowhere near as violent.

Amesy

6) Try to eat and drink as best you can. Eating proper nutricious meals and drinking at least some water will keep your energy levels higher, stamina higher, alertness higher and number two's nowhere near as violent.

I LOLed.

Sound advice there Gem, Thank you.

ZeroG

Try all the games you want to play beforehand to make sure they actually work/are updated (assuming there's no updates that weekend).

Also remember due to the royal wedding Friday 29th April is a public holiday so long weekend.

Everlong

I'm even more excited now!!!

p.s. Do we get a confirmation email regarding the payment. I paid a while ago via paypal and have had no word as yet. It's not a problem, just wondered if all has gone through ok.

Deep Blue

The BOFH
Staff member
Hi can you PM me your Name and email address used to pay and I'll confirm via PM :)

Cheers!

p.s. Do we get a confirmation email regarding the payment. I paid a while ago via paypal and have had no word as yet. It's not a problem, just wondered if all has gone through ok.

Cerridwen

According to the system and the fact your status says your coming to our next event, id say, paid.

[Breachlan 17 Entry Everlong 25th November 2010]

Daniel128

That earplug note is crucial for anyone wanting to properly sleep imo, halls right next to the sleeping area, people going right by to smoke and get stuff out of there, though it does quiet down a fair bit around 2-3, it can still get pretty loud.

Earplugs are win.

Top Bottom