BreachLAN 61: The Good, The Bad, And the Ugly

gemini

The Crude One
Staff member
90209-Clint_Eastwood-The_Good-the_Bad_and_the_Ugly.jpg

A big thank you to everyone who came along to BreachLAN 61. I had a great time with all my friends and I hope you all had a laugh too.

Please take this opportunity to leave some feedback about what you liked, or not and what you think we can do to improve in the future. If you want to give some feedback but would prefer to remain anonymous, my email address is greg@greghanson.co.uk. Send me your feedback and I'll keep it to myself. If you really want to be anonymous, use a burner email account.

The Good:
Big meals each night. I really liked these and I'm very happy with how the idea worked out. I'd like to do these again.
Jukebox - Ran much smoother, no crashes.
General tidyness. Thank you to everyone for keeping your space tidy.
Games. Some great variety. I never looked around and saw people not playing games. I think we had a good mix of big games all together and smaller games going on too.
Internet. Seemed to run very well, aside from the issue with HOTS.
Showers. Same as before, I'm very happy with these and I'm very happy everyone decided to make use of them.
Stank reduction. There wasn't any this time, at all. Everyone keeping their space and themselves clean, combined with the extra ventilation we had kept everything much nicer and much more pleasant.
Help from people with packdown. Once again, the people that helped with this made what would have been a 3hr job take just over 75 minutes. Thank you.
The summer LAN date. Very happy this coincided with the Steam sale and a bunch of other holidays. I think we should definately push for the same weekend next year.
Kitchen tidyness. Thank you to everyone who kept the kitchen nice and clean and tidy.

The Bad:
Snoring / Night noise. I'm normally a very heavy sleeper who could fall asleep during a nuclear war, but on Fri and Sat night the noise made even me struggle to sleep. I know managing this is trickier at this venue than before so I don't want to give anyone a hard time, or for anyone to think they are being singled out. I get it's a balancing act between people who want to go to bed early and people having fun playing games with their friends. Would it make a difference if I put up a sign on the projector at night asking people to keep the noise down? Perhaps if I automated it to work with the Jukebox when it turns itself off?
Too much rubbish left behind. I had to take about 8 bags of rubbish home with me. This is a problem now because my wheelie bin at home is full and isn't being emptied again until the 14th. Please in the future remember to take your bin bags home with you. The alternative, is that the ticket price goes up by about £20 to cover the cost of commercial waste disposal.

The Ugly:
I got nothing. Seriously.

Last edited:

XxPocketNerdxX

The Good:
  • I love having meals with everyone at one table. It's like a family dinner time situation but instead of talking about what we did at work today, we're talking about gunts.
  • Zero stank!
  • Showers!! Feeling clean at a LAN makes the experience much more enjoyable. No unexpected visitors this time either.
  • A good variety of games. We even got to play some new stuff too.
  • Sam the dog.
The Bad:
  • I am such a light sleeper and the noise at night was hell for me. I ended up sleeping on the floor in the chair closet on the Saturday, then we moved in there fully on the Sunday. As I said to a few people at LAN, it's not any one individual by any stretch, it's the collective of noise.
  • Not an issue with LAN, but I wish the venue would fix the locks in the shower cubicles.
The Ugly:
  • Why did the Chinese place send us rice and gravy. Who tf eats rice and gravy.
  • No one's like, "you know what this delicious plate of egg fried rice needs? A full pint of Bisto."
  • Just send chips or something like normal Chinese takeaways ffs.

Castiana

Soon™
The Good:
  • First LAN since BreachLAN #46. Many many MANY years ago
  • Showers were a nice change.
  • HOTS. Need more HOTS.
  • "Family Meal Time" was different, I liked it.
  • The Jukebox was good. Needed more cheese.
  • Gravy Rice
The Bad:
  • Showers that are the same temperature as the surface of the sun. Sweet jesus I was not expecting that.
  • Ubisoft being amazingly incompetent
  • Pack down/Setup x 2. I forgot how much I hated that.
The Ugly:
  • Some utter twat managing to get my Credit Card details and racked up £2800 worth of Steam Gift cards... Waiting for that to be sorted out....
  • No Risk 2

Top Bottom