Car 1 Status : FULL
Car 2 Status : Car + Driver Required

Current Breachlan Participants.

gemini
MadMan
ZeroG

Journey Only Participants

NiceGuy

WE URGENTLY NEED ANOTHER CAR AND DRIVER BEFORE WE CAN EXPAND THE TRIP ANY FURTHER. PLEASE COME FORWARD IF YOU ARE ABLE TO DRIVE DOWN. FUEL WILL BE PAID FOR AND BEER PROVIDED :D

Who's up for it?

Get a group of us travelling down for the biggest UK LAN party.

I have been to loads of these so if you have any questions about the event, location, jargon etc then give me a shout il help you out.

If we could get a group of 5 together we could even enter a tourney as a team, which would be excellent (even if we would get totally fucking pwned in the first round)

Its about a 8hr drive if you stick to the speed limit.

Surely we could arrange a convoy of two or three cars to go down together. I think that would be awesome.

IF you are interested, respond / PM me AS SOON AS POSSABLE. It is critical to get sorted out quickly as seating is done on a first come first served basis.

Check out http://www.multiplay.co.uk for more information

If you want to come, then it's a good idea to plan to pay for the lan immediately after i37.(10th August) There is a promotion where if you pay early you get something like 20% off for about a month after i37.

gemini

The Crude One
Staff member
Due to failure of myself at CopyPasta previous posts the dates have now been ammended. The LAN is in November of THIS YEAR.

Sinner

i would be up for it like mad, hoping to be in a cod team for it even though chances of winning would be 0. i have a small car though ....

MadmaN

we played as a cod team at i36 :)

November ... should be ok i think.

- Edit by Castiana -

For the love of god man. Learn to use the edit button....

gemini

The Crude One
Staff member
Ive been checking out the options available from someone like Arnold Clark and their cheapest van rental (£35 a day) for a Citroen Belingo would be completely appropriate. Even a van that small would be perfect. We could have all our stuff in there no problem and save two cars from the journey if possable.

Although we would need to sort out a driver, and find a rental company that has offices in both Aberdeen and close to Stoneleigh. Budget are the only potential candidates so far so if anyone can come up with another option then please bring it up.

EDIT

Seems the idea of renting a van is fundementally flawed. Everybody charges about £150 for pickup and drop off at another station so it wouldn't be worth the money.

If we were to do this, we would need as many people as possable to volenteer as drivers.

I am in as the first driver. If anyone else would be able to drive, then please shout up ASAP. I will give you all the information you need to make the journey easy and relaxing.

I am still working potentially borrowing one (for a reduced price) from my employer. I'l let you know how that pans out.

Castiana

Soon™
Double posting as a way to post your post count to try and beat PseudoPhreak... Just edit your existing post with the new post... If you dont start doing it i'll start reducing your post count...

MadmaN

Sorry m8 I am not trying to beat anyone.... i just post like i normaly do.

Edit... I did not know Admins can remove post counts.... Can they Add post counts also? ;)

PseudoPhreak

Captain Hammer!!
yeah, sion changed his once and added like 500 to his count, i dont think he realised i noticed and i changed it back! :p

Deep Blue

The BOFH
Staff member
Don't have them pick up and drop off the Van, we get a one way hire, trundle down, unload, give van back to depot. Homeward, get van, load it up, unload in aberdeen, take it back to depot.

I will look at prices today, I am sure that if we split it between 6 / 8 of us it'd be worth while, perhaps even keeping the van over the week!

I am happy to arrange for the van cause I'm 10 mins away from most of the car hire companies (budget included). I am also happy to drive it

Top Bottom