getting a new comp

Deep Blue

The BOFH
Staff member
i will post some recommendations within the hour once i get to work, have you got a monitor etc and just require the box only or do you need the full shebang?

Edit - I've had a look at those systems and I would be tempted to go with a AMD HD6870 vs the NVIDIA 560Ti

If you just need a box-only config I reckon you can get quite a lot for £650

High end quad core Phenom II
Decent motherboard
8 gig of ram
HD6870
1TB hard drive (if you need it)

£550 or £650 if you chuck in a case and a decent power supply

Obviously it will be cheaper if you have parts you can reuse :)

sirflukesalot

SEND IN MORE CONSCRIPTS!
i do have a case but its empty well it has an old power supply but thats all id think idneed the big hard drive as par example my xbox has 6.5gb out of 120gb left and i barely downlaod stuff on that and since i do have ALOT of games on steam id probaby need it
im aprox 15miles north of aberdeen near oldmeldrum and ellon

Deep Blue

The BOFH
Staff member
If you need a new monitor etc then you need to factor in about another £100 or so to your budget unless you want to dip down to mid range?

coob

*looks disapprovingly*
Cpu - AMD phenom II 965BE
Graphics card - HD 6870 OR GTX 560TI/570
Motherboard - Asus AM3+ 990 FX
RAM - mostly anything on this list; http://uk.asus.com/Motherboards/AMD_AM3Plus/SABERTOOTH_990FX/#MSL going to the mem support list and DL'ing the list.
PSU - highly recommend a corsair builder series PSU ~£70

This totals (in my mind) at around £472 So thats £178 on a case and HDD's

Just a rough quick list, hope that gives you an idea :)

sirflukesalot

SEND IN MORE CONSCRIPTS!
right as much as i dont want to sound like a nob is this comp worth the money? if so im just gonna get it as every attempt i make to get a comp slowly grinds to a halt(yes im impatient but if i wait to long ill end up buying summat else rediculusly expensive >.<) so im just gonna ask whether this is a good price or what if it is im just gonna order it as i really need a comp that can actually run schtuff
http://www.3000rpm.com/acatalog/copy_of_copy_of_3000rpm-4Core-Supreme-Desktop-PC-System.html (also whoever comes up with the names for these systems isnt very original -_-)

Top Bottom